Chapter 24: Back to Normal

After an eventful night, everyone heads back home. Ritsu takes Ai back to their house.

When Ai got home, her mother notices something.

"Did you enjoy your night, sweetie?"

"It was great, mom!" Ai smiles.

"That's great! I'm glad you had fun."

"I'm gonna go to sleep now, mom. I love you! Good night!" Nao then leaves her room and turns off the lights.

Ai can't stop smiling after their kiss. It felt like it was the only thing that mattered in the world during that moment.

Over at the Sakurajima household, Ritsu went home alone. Even though he was alone, he still can't get over their kiss.

"God, I love her so much." Ritsu then decides to call Ai.

"...Hey."

"You can't sleep?" Ai says over the line.

"Yeah. How about you?"

"Same... I can't stop thinking about it, you know?"

"Well then, you wanna do it again?" The two of them giggle.

"I mean... I don't mind."

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Classes resume tomorrow, right?"

"Yup. Why?"

"I was thinking of asking you out on a date after classes." Ritsu asks her out again.

"Sure thing. Where do you wanna go?"

"How about the movies?"

"Okay. Let's just decide tomorrow, I'm getting kinda sleepy. Good night, Ritsu-kun."

"Good night, Ai-san."

The following morning, Ritsu wakes up to his sister shouting at her.

"Ritsu! Your classes resume today, right? Wake up!" Ritsu looks at the clock and sees the time: 8 AM.

"Crap! I'm late!" Ritsu prepares to go to school in a hurry.

"Thank you, sis." Ritsu looks outside and sees a bicycle with the tag: "to Ritsu"

Ritsu then rides his new bike to the academy.

At the gates, he is greeted by the principal.

"Good morning, Sakurajima-san. You're late."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Principal! I'll make up for it in my Student Council duties!"

"Calm down, son. It's just your first offense. No need to be so tense. Very well, you may go."

At the Student Council room, Shirogane sees Ritsu running.

"Ritsu-san just got here. Ishigami, you can stop covering for him now."

"Finally, my hands were starting to hurt."

Ritsu then enters the room.

"Good morning! I'm sorry for being late!"

"You had a fun night, senpai." Ishigami snickers.

"What are you talking about? Didn't we all have fun?" Ritsu tries to play it cool.

"Ritsu-san, where did you and Hayasaka go last night? You two went missing during the fireworks display." Fujiwara asks.

"We... uh... went to find my wallet. Yeah, my wallet went missing." Ritsu is visibly blushing.

"Ritsu-san, please continue the papers assigned for you today, Ishigami wrote the first few papers already."

"Thanks, Ishigami!"

"Also, Ritsu-san, could you go to Class 2-A and 2-D? The principal told me to list down the students for the upcoming school trip." Shinomiya tells Ritsu.

"Okay!"

Today's gonna be a long day for Ritsu.