Chapter 40

Mayas POV

As soon as I got off from work, I texted James about his family visiting me at my work. They already left after they got their coffee and cakes. I had waved to Owen and he had the biggest smile on his face. When I noticed that James had read my message, I could immediately see his caller id taking over my screen.

'Hi handsome...'

'Maya, are you okay? Did they say something to you? What happened?'

I couldn't get another word into the conversation before he was done asking all the questions filled with anxiety and concern. I waited till he got finished.

'Did they tell you something awful? Are you feeling alright? God, I'm so sorry. I didn't know they would meet you like this...'

'Relax James. They actually got here together with Owen. And they came to say sorry about last time'

'They what? I... hm, I don't get it'

Hah! Neither did I! But I just smiled through the phone as if he stood right in front of me and I started to giggle.

'I really don't know how it turned this way, but I can assure you that your parents want to change. And they said they were happy that I had opened their eyes...'

There was completely silent on the other line. I wondered what was happening on the other side. He didn't utter a single word to what I said.

'James, are you there?'

No answer. What was wrong? I was beginning to wonder what he was thinking about.

'James!'

'Oh, yeah. Yes, I'm here. Sorry... I just got something important running through my head. Wow, who would have known that Maya Ravikumar would come and shake my world and even my parent's world'

I blushed. I fidgeted with the hem of my blouse and smiled foolishly to the ground. I still had my work apron on.

'Stop it... I didn't do anything. I just told them the truth; you know. That's all'

'And that's what they needed babe. I'm so proud of who you are. No other woman had made my parents do what they did with you today'

I just smiled and nodded.

'I want to celebrate it with you tonight. This is big!'

I was beaming so much now. He was so sweet. Uh, I could hug the life out of him if he stood in front of me! I couldn't wait to hold him, kiss him, and smell him. I loved the smell of him. Always so masculine and so manly. His cologne was addicting – probably because he was the one who wore the cologne. I sighed in pure joy just by imagining him here with me.

'Well what do you have in mind then?' I asked him flirtatiously on the phone.

'That's up to me. The only thing you must bring with you is your beautiful smile... And put a dress on tonight. We are going somewhere special'

Okay...Romantic man coming through!

I must admit, James was one heck of a romantic man! I loved the way he wasn't bossy but still dominant in a good way. In a very gentleman kind of way, yeah. I was curious now. What did he plan for us?

I agreed to be picked up by him at my apartment around seven tonight. That meant I had approximately four hours to get ready. I had plenty of time to get home and prepare myself. What should I be wearing? Mentally I scanned my whole wardrobe to figure out what would be appropriate. It shouldn't be too over the top and yet not too casually.