Chapter 47

Emily

Everett and I didn't get any alone time of our own that day. By the time, he woke up it was the middle of the morning and we had to get ready for lunch.

I know he was waiting to talk about last night, but we didn't have the chance to. I don't know if I should feel glad about it?

The lunch was very organized and very extravagant. It was a good time, we all were thankful about being able to spend half a day with each other.

After lunch, our plan was to go home and whoever needed the time to get ready for whatever family events that was needed to attend that night.

Everett wanted to drop me off home, but Mr. Harper stopped him and said that his Dad wanted to do a video call and I was worried for him.

Evan dropped all of us home. My parents was cooking and baking things, so rare to see them do things together. They are talking to each other more and smiling a lot more often and it made me feel somewhat better.

They don't fight like before after what happened to me. At times, they have small disagreements, but it was better than them screaming at each other.

My cousins were arriving that afternoon. I haven't seen them in a while.

I wore a black sweater with leggings and left my hair as it was. I helped mom set things up for the dinner.

My cousins arrived with disinterested look on their faces. They never hide how they feel and I wonder if it's a good thing or not.

Sally was in college, her parents are very proud she made it to the fashion school. While one of her twin brother was in aviation school and the other was in business.

I'm not very fond of them and neither are they with me. The younger twin, always smiles and is always polite with me in front of my parents, but once they are away. He pushes me around and he once pulled my hair. I hope they're more mature now.

"Hey cousin." The younger twin. Jace said with a big smile which I'm always suspicious about. It's never good when he smiles like that.

"Hi." I said quietly.

Sally flipped her hair back and walk passed me while the other twin Jackson just waved at me.

I was hoping dinner would come by quicker and get it over with. I don't want to sit here for hours faking smiles.

"How's school?" Sally asked looking at her manicure nails.

"Good." I said. "Yours?"

She shrugged.

"She's famous on social media." Jackson said and Sally brushed him off, but you could see the pride on her voice.

"I had to clear my schedule to be here." She said.

I'm sure, she had to do that. Note that sarcasm. We all know there's Thanksgiving dinner every year. I don't know what she's trying to show.

"Still the class nerd?" Jace asked me with a smirk on his face and I wanted to scoff a bit, but who am I kidding?

I'm suppose to be the polite one here. I shrugged and ignored his comments.

"Heard your biological dad is joining us for dinner tonight." Jackson said to me and I froze.

Did I hear him right? What did he mean by that? I thought Dad and him didn't get along? When did this happen? Why was I not informed about that?