Chapter 6

Emily

I want to study Music. I love music. My parents like music, but my Dad disagree and thinks that music is not a career but a hobby. While, my mom think otherwise.

"Sometime, some people don't get what they want if they do what they want.." I said playing with my fingers absentmindedly.

"At least they tried." He said. "Instead of them regretting and wishing they should have tried."

I looked at him, his beautiful face was glowing in the sun. His face was serious, but at the same time looked a little concern.

The bell rang and that ended our discussion. I gathered my things along with the papers.

"High five." He tells me all of a sudden when I turned to look at him. His hands were out and I awkwardly give him a High five.

He didn't let go and turned my hand to my palm. I pulled my hand back as if I was burned.

"What was that?" He asked me. "I thought I was mistaken."

"We have classes." I reminded him as I made my way back to the building.

"What was that?" He asked again walking beside me.

"I fell down on glass pieces." I said.

"How?" He asked pulling me back.

"While I was cleaning. I accidentally broke a glass and I fell on them."

He raised one of his eyebrow.

"Are you investigating?" I teased him, hoping he wouldn't push the topic.

"Are you okay, though?"

"Yes." I said to him.

We walked together to the inside of the building and I see his group waiting for him.

"I'll see you around." I said and walked to my locker.

When school ended, I saw London standing near my locker.

"Was Everett with you during lunch?" She asked.

"For a brief moment."

"You keep saying it was a brief moment." She sounded angry.

"That's because I was with her for a brief moment." I heard Everett and I internally wanted to sigh in annoyance.

"Oh. Hi, Everett." London's tone changed from angry to higher octave in a matter of seconds.

Everett ignored her and leaned against the locker beside mine. I don't know what he wants now. London was trying to start a conversation with him, but he ignored her.

"I will see you two around." I said to them and shut my locker and walked towards the exit door.

"Not so fast." Everett pulled me back, with my back pack.

I heard few gasped and whispered. Yes, they must be wondering why the golden-boy all of a sudden is talking to quiet Emily. Even I'm wondering why he's suddenly so interested in talking to me, now.

"I have to-"

"catch the bus? I will drive you home." He said loudly like he wants people to hear that.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"Let's go." He said pulling me out of the school building.

"I have a study group session. I'm not going home yet." I said and he stopped all of a sudden and I bumped into his hard back.