Chapter 21

Emily

I was horrified and scared. I have never seen Everett this mad before. I have never seen him throwing punches on anyone. He didn't need to when his glare makes people shiver.

"Everett." London squealed in surprise.

"No." I screamed horrified. Evan could have fought back, but he did not. He just used his arm to cover his face from getting punched. "Get off him." I shouted at Everett.

"Babe!!" London screamed.

Aaliyah and Bloom ran towards us.

"Get off of Evan." I moved closer to Everett and held on his arm, but he moved my hand away and kept punching Evan and I started crying. "Don't hurt, Evan." I sobbed as I got down on my knees. "Please, I'm begging you. Don't hurt him."

And it was like the anger within him disappeared and his head snapped towards me. Evan had busted lip and bloody nose.

"Emily." Everett said so quietly.

"Get off of him." I said pushing Everett away as much as I could with one hand and helped Evan sit up. "Are you okay?" I asked as I touched his face and looked at his injury.

"Emily." Everett said.

I see our principal running towards us with security. I think Everett will be in trouble, but I didn't care at that time.

"Are you okay?" I asked Evan.

"Don't cry." He said to me and chuckled while wiping his nose with the back of his hand. "I was getting on his nerve on purpose, and was expecting that for a while."

"You shouldn't get on people's nerve." I sobbed as I hugged him.

"Emily." Everett called out my name, but I ignored him.

The principal looked extremely mad and asked us what happened.

By the time lunch rolled by, everyone knew what happened this morning. Evan had to be sent home to go for check-up even though he insisted he was fine.

Everett was suspended from school for a while.

"I told Evan it was a bad idea in the first place." I heard Aaliyah said to Morgan and Bloom who was sitting on the stairs during lunch break. They didn't notice I was coming down the stairs to join them.

I have no idea what they were talking about.

"He needed that beating." Morgan said. "He was getting too cocky."

"I told Evan not to interfere in their business." Bloom said hesitantly. "Now Everett is suspended."

"If Emily finds out you guys have been poking in her business, she will be upset." Morgan said.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked and they froze as they looked up the stairs where I was standing and their turned pale.

And I found out Evan came out with the worse plans ever. He was trying to prove that Everett still likes me.

"I felt guilty." Bloom said. "You guys stopped talking after the mall incident. I felt it was my fault."

"I told you it was not your fault." I said standing up. I was angry and upset.

"I know.." Bloom said in a quiet voice.

I shake my head at them. "You should have talked him out of this, not encourage him."

"I agree." Morgan said.

Aaliyah was saying something, but the room was spinning. Their voices was becoming blurry and I feel myself falling and then, darkness.

I woke up in a strange environment, my head was heavy and I didn't know where I was. The place was plain white and strange.

"She's awake." I heard Mom's voice.

I sat up on the bed and looked at the people standing standing nervously. A nurse and a doctor walked in quickly and looked at me.

"Do you know where you are?"

"Hospital?"

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"My head feels heavy." I said.

I see my friends coming inside the room.

"You fainted." The doctor said. "You have been stressing a lot and you have injury in your head from an accident a while back? Is that right?"

"It was just a scratch." I said.

"We will prescribe some medicine and don't stress so much, you are still injured from the accident."

I frowned at that thought.

"There will be another check up before we can allow you to go home." she give me a small smile.

"Thank you, doctor." Mom give her an appreciative look.

"You scared us." Aaliyah whispered quietly.

"I will be right back, girls can you watch Em for me, please?" Mom said as she walked out of the room.

"How are you feeling?" Morgan asked.

"I'm fine." I said to her. "What happened?"

"You fainted." Bloom said. "Our principal is going nuts." Aaliyah said.

I would have went nuts myself if I was made in charge to run school with teenagers like us.

"Your Mom said she will request you some time off from school."

"No." I said horrified. "I will be bored at home."

They give me sympathetic look.

"It's for your health." Morgan said.

"I will have assignments and homework pending and also a concert to attend." I pouted at that thought.

"I doubt your mom will allow you to go for the concert." Bloom muttered.

Troy will be upset to hear about it, unless I find him someone who he can go with...but who should I ask?

Everett barged through the door and I jumped a little on my bed.

"Jeez, She just woke up." Morgan rolled her eyes at him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"What happened?" he asked me. "Are you okay?" he touched my face looking at me with concerned. I moved my head away and his hands dropped to his side.

"She fainted." Morgan said. "You and your friend gave her way too many stresses, that's why."

"Morgan." I said squealing.

"That's the truth. The doctor was here and she told her not to stress so much because of her head injury. Bloom and Aaliyah was here, too. I'm not lying." Morgan said shrugging. "You and your friend should get your sh*t together."

I keep forgetting how straight-forward Morgan is when it comes to talking.

Mom walks back in with the nurse and look at Everett.

"We have another friend of Em?" she asked.

The doctor walked back in with the nurse and went through some check-up. When they confirmed it was all clear and I was finally allowed to go home. I was relieved. Mom invited my friends over for dinner, including Everett. Mom was pretty interested in Everett. It's like he was the Christmas light.

I saw Dad with the doctor when I was getting ready to go home. I didn't know he was here as well.

"How are you doing?" he give me a concerning look. I have never seen Dad looking this concerned in my life before. He always had an impassive facial expression.

"Better." I said.

"I'll ask to work from home for sometime.." he said to me.

"It's fine." I said to him.

"Its not safe for you to be alone at home when you're hurt." he said quietly and for a moment I felt like he cared for me and I couldn't help but give him an appreciative smile.