Chapter 42

Emily

"You came here half-an hour before her arrival to ask us a plan?" I give him a look. "He should have came earlier if he needed a plan.

"I asked for flowers to be delivered in the evening." he said. "I'm planning to take her out for dinner."

"Perfect, what else do you want us to do?" Everett asked and I kissed his jaw.

"Lets be nice to him." I said.

"Flowers, good foods and music?" Evan asked. "Will that be fine?"

"Well, you should be the one coming with the ideas..." Everett said.

"What kind of a friend are you?" Evan hissed.

"Evan, I think your idea is perfect. Bloom will love it." I said.

"I hope so." he sighed.

"Now, I feel cr*p for not doing any of that while I asked you out." Everett mumbled and I laughed.

"I don't think it's necessary." I said to him. "I don't need any of that."

He still pouted and I kissed his cheek.

"I promise, you tried." I said.

He looked down and give me a smile.

Bloom, Aaliyah and Morgan walked in together. They walked in laughing and was talking about something.

Bloom's face lit up as soon as she saw Evan and it's cute to watch that, but neither of them made a move to go near each other. Everett nudged Evan lightly, and Evan just waved his hand awkwardly at her.

Morgan tried to stifle her smile.

"You guys made it." Evan said, awkwardly and Aaliyah raised one of her eyebrow, but didn't say anything.

Evan showed them their room and Aaliyah clapped and said, "I feel like I'm in some expensive hotel."

"There's indoor pool and also indoor tennis court." Everett said, proudly.

"Sweet." Morgan said.

"Long weekend relaxation starts now." Aaliyah said and I smiled.

They put their things away as we met in the living room.

"How are we spending the weekend?" Evan asked.

Everett said, "I don't know, you guys are free to use the facilities over here. I'm holding baking competition tomorrow and whoever wins will be receiving Disneyland's package for two of any dates of their choice. It includes hotels and plane tickets."

Everyone cheered in excitement and I pouted. "I'm going to lose."

"Don't worry, If I win.. I'll be going with you." Everett said.

"You can cheat." Evan said, suspiciously,

"We'll be baking and then we'll be leaving it on the table and staffs will be one to try, and they'll be the judge. We'll be putting a box and they will write down their favourites and through that way, we'll be picking the winner."

"Sound fair enough." Aaliyah said happily.

"Well, you'll have only end of this day to request for all the ingredients you need." Everett said. "Please give it to Mr. Harper. The event is at two pm in the afternoon."

"Dang, you should have told us earlier." Morgan said.

"It's suppose to be a surprise for a reason." Everett grinned.

"Now, I've to look for recipe." Aaliyah said. "I can't pass this opportunity." she looked determined.

We all sat in the living room as we looked for recipe. I tried looking for an easy recipe, that I can make.. The only easy one seemed like chocolate chip cookies.

Everett peeked to see what I was looking for and I quickly hid it and he chuckled.

"I saw it." he said. "I'll keep your secret safe."

And I laughed as I leaned closer to show him the recipe I was looking at.

"It seemed pretty easy." he said.

"I'm going to follow the recipe and do it." I said.

"Whatever makes you happy." he smiled.

We'll jot down the ingredients and the amount on a piece of paper with our names on it and handed it to Mr. Harper who looked at the papers with amusement.

After lunch, we split up in pairs to finish a puzzle game. Everett said, the first pair to complete the puzzle, the pair will get Nintendo switch as a prize. The prize was on the wrapped in a beautiful box.

"You've prepared quite expensive get-together." I said and he shrugged a little.

"Make things a little exciting and competitive." he said.

Everett and I paired up, Bloom with Evan and Aaliyah with Morgan.

It was hundred pieces puzzle.

We were in the game room and we all sat away from each other.

"I think this one goes over here." I looked at the puzzle and put it in the corner.

"No." Everett said. "It seemed like it belongs somewhere in the middle."

There were bickering and fights from all of us. Morgan was very determined to win. She love all sorts of games and I think she's ready to take the switch home.

After two hours of struggles, arguments and laughter. Morgan and Aaliyah claimed they Nintendo Switch and the rest of us cried out.

Morgan grinned as Mr. Harper handed her the box while Aaliyah was still in shock.

Everett and I only made it half-way, he was very distracting. Every-time I was concentrating, he decided to kiss me and said, "I'm just making sure you're not frowning."

"Remind me why I shouldn't partner you next time." I joked and he pouted.

"You won't be able find a partner like me." He said.

"That's right, you keep distracting me." I shake my head.

"A good kind of distraction?" He said.

"Maybe or maybe not?" I said teasing him and he laughed.

Some of them decided to use the jacuzzi and indoor swimming pool after that, while I've decided to work a little of my online job. It's been difficult to work in the weekdays, but I've been trying.

I told Everett to enjoy with our friends and after much hesitation he agreed.

I've been working for a while and the sudden vibration from my phone startled me. It was an unknown number, I accepted the call.

"Hello?" I said.

"Is it Emily?" It was a man's voice, his tone was low and soft.

"Yes. Who's this?" I asked.

"No one." He said quietly. "Goodbye."

And the line went off and I frowned.

That was eerie. Should I be worried about it? I don't recognize that voice, though. Is it someone playing a prank on me? I don't know anyone who would prank like this?

My worries was forgotten when Everett walked inside the room with a wide smile. He was half-naked, no shirt, just swim trunk and bare feet.