5

Today was the day

Today was the day ... her graduation from forks high school . Over the past two weeks her and embry had been getting closer and her and bella had become best friends . So before graduation they were getting ready at the swan residence . As Layla finished bella's and her own hair she smiled as they were finished
" you ready to graduate bells?"
" I can't wait "

As Jessica Stanley finished her speech everyone clapped as they awaited their name . Of course she knew Sam would be here but she thought that was it . Boy was she wrong .
  " Layla Bennett"
She shot up and walked gracefully in her heels across the stage to get her diploma as she heard clapping and whistling at the back as she saw the whole pack there and her eyes caught on embry as he was smiling and clapping proudly .
As she sat down she waited for bella and two girls held hands excitedly .

" what are you guys doing here ?"
She squealed as she hugged them each in turn
" you think we would miss you graduating ? Absolutely not "
Sam spoke smiling as she reached embry
" I'm so glad your here "
She said as he hugged her and kissed her softly
That was the first time that they had kissed since the cliff diving day and she filled with that same warm feeling .

Later on that night Layla looked completely different to bella swan , for bella was in a shirt and jeans , Layla was dressed in a tight dress which reached her mid thigh , it was dark blue which complimented her skin tone . As she was the same height as bella in her gold heels the two drunk some of the liquid at the party . The more Layla drank the more dizzy she felt .
She didn't know they had alcohol in some of them ...

Much to her surprise three wolves walked into the party as she spotted embry and embry spotted her and his eyes wandered up and down her body as he gulped visibly .
" I figured you'd be here trouble "
He said using her new nickname as she threw her arms around his neck in an over exaggerated manner .
" are you drunk ?"
She measured out a small gap with her fingers as he shook his head laughing and put her drink down .
She snapped back into reality when bella went to stand by Alice ,
"Your not going to Seattle are you ?"
" no ... they're coming here "
The two conversed and Layla knew there was a threat .

As the cullens and bella and wolves and Layla stood in a back room away from the party they were discussing a vampire that was after bella
" Layla ... Victoria ... she .... she was the vampire that killed your parents last year "
" who ?"
Layla shot up and sobered up
As Edward and Carlisle explained who Victoria was and what happened previously she nodded as she said
" how do you know she killed my parents "
" I read her mind when we were hunting her ... she caught your scent and then she let that slip "
As the conversation continued Layla walked out of the room with tears in her eyes as she stood on the porch of the cullens house
Following behind her was embry call .
Her soft sobs broke his heart as he whispered
"Layla?"
As she turned around and wrapped herself around him almost cowering into him , he stroked her hair as he said
" there's gonna be a fight .... do you think your ready ?"
" I need to kill her embry she killed them , my parents "
" okay "
He said as he didn't feel it right to argue with the girl on it .

As the wolves arrived at the training ground the next day they eyed bella and Layla stood together . As the cullens fought eachother the two girls watched on .
" Layla .... could you use your gift to defend yourself against emmett ?"
Carlisle spoke softly
" yeah I guess I can try "
She said still upset about the news she heard last night

As they stood in the battle area embry tensed and stood more defensively ready to pounce
As emmett went launching at her she moved her hand away from her as emmet flew across the ground as he tried to come at her again as she disappeared and appeared behind him .
Once again he tried to lunge at her as he managed to grab her as she disappeared again.
She then made a sharp object appear next to his neck as she said
"Am I done ?"
The cullens nodded in awe of the young but powerful girl .
She then walked over to embry as she felt a little weak . She hadn't eaten anything this morning . As she leaned into him he nuzzled his nose into her and she stroked his neck smiling .
" don't worry I can handle myself em "
She said comfortingly to him