Chapter 7

It was a cool night, the moon is at its peak and stars are brimming in the sky.  It was a bit dark at Karasuno High as the team were preparing to leave to reach Tokyo early. Having them the time to prepare and rest more on the way.

Karasuno was doing a bit fine lately, Yui's cheering up the team(somehow). While the two female managers were already fed up with her noisy complaints who she(Yui) thought was just a tiny whisper added by her snarky comments about the team members. Only acknowledging Tsukishima as a good player. 'Doing an easy job won't injure her or break her bones' Yachi thought. They just stood silent as she opens her mouth and lazily doing her job while Kiyoko secretly recorded the whole thing which is a part of the plan. 

Soon the bus are already on its way to Tokyo, the ride was moderately fast. Kageyama glance at his next seat. It was empty, back then he would always be there at his side. Hinata likes to bicker just to get the seat by the window. He would usually talk and talk to him for hours about random stuff without stopping; eating(stuffing) all of the food inside his mouth; even sleeping while his head rests on his shoulder. It irratates him more whenever he's like that during a bus ride but somewhere he just wants someone who is willing to stay beside him so everything would be less boring along the way.

Today is the 21st day of July (no exact year is written), the teams arrival. Five schools are coming to join the  summer high volleyball training camp. Fukorodani Academy, Nekoma High, Shinzen High, Ubugawa High and lasty Karasuno High are all coming together. Making them much more exciting for the cats.

Meanwhile, the Nekoma cats are already on their way to where the summer training camp is being held. The whole team of cats are busy laughing and talking together except for the three people whose at the lead. The three were Kuroo wearing his usual smirk and Kenma intensely looking through his phone while clinging to a girl's arms who had this black hair with orange streaks somehow similar to his hair style color.

__________
______________
________
__________________

SUGAWARA

The morning sun was now starting to peek out from the horizon. All the rest of the teams are arriving at the huge parking lot. Fukorodani are already here. I can hear Bokuto's faint shout somewhere around the area, Shinzen and Ubugawa are here too, they're about to leave the parking lot. Daiki Ogano, Shinzen's captain along with Gora Masaki, Ubagawa's captain are arguing over something while their team mates are pulling them away from each other.

Nekoma was the last one who just recently arrived. What a surprise, they're late. I thought we were the ones who's usually are always late. Kuroo and Daichi shaked hands in animosity, me and Yaku had a friendly greeting, Tanaka and Taketora had their dramatic brotherly hug, Kenma playing his portable game console and the rest just having fun talking with the rest of my team. It was the usual meet up of the cats and the crows.

With a bit of Yui's cheering and coach Ukai's persistent behaviour on making such plans, it result to a small amount of improvement. We made a way to find focus a lot more at ease. I hate to admit but without Hinata the team is adjusting again to a new environment. A new state where Hinata and the minus tempo attacks are buried deep underground. Hinata made her (still in doubt like the whole team if he is really a she) own mistakes and run away from it. As a pillar of support, I am determined to help the team again and again.

"Hey Pudding head, where is she and Lev?" Kuroo suddenly asked. Kenma didn't even flinch or look at him he just answered, "Lev's chatting with her at the back a while ago."

Tanaka who overheard 'she' had his big ears again. "Woah, you guys finally have a female manager?" he asked Taketora beside him, Noya who just came and overheard the conversation has his eyes all sparkly. Taketora laughed along with his conceited yet proud face and Kuroo came after. "No, she's a player, our queen of the court" Kai said. Interrupting the circle. A female player?

"Seems like the 'King' already had a queen as his rival" Tsukishima teased after hearing the conversation. Kageyama who was quietly drinking his milk turned darker as he silently clicked his tongue, small veins popping out of him. Daichi stopped them before they made a ruckus in public. But come to think of it a female player? Why can't she just join the female team? And who is this queen of the court that Kai said? Well, whoever she is, we will surely beat them this time.

The others are finished unloading the bus with our things. Nekoma walk with us to where the others headed. "Ohh there they are!" Taketora surprisingly shouted. All of us turn to where he's looking. Lev was laughing while his long arms were around someone's neck beside him is a short unknown person wearing a large sized baggy red hoodie under it was maroon shirt and a running shorts both of them are walking towards our direction. Lips are the only one who were visible, the rest of  his/her face is covered by the hood of his red jacket. "Took you long enough" Kuroo stated with a smirk. While all of us in the team are curious who is she. The stranger is quite giving a tremendous aura like Tenma Udai. I don't know if he's a he or a she.. But maybe that was the she, Kai is telling us about. The queen of the court. Wait, if it really is she then is she the same like Kageyama when on court? The same royalty that Tsukishima explains?

"Hinata" Kageyama suddenly whispered. It's been a while since that name was heard nor uttered. The team heard him clearly. Like the wind is whispering to each one of our ears. The two of them walk ahead of us as the one with the large hoodie smiled at our team. The whole Nekoma just laughed with Taketora's wildness making us dumbfounded yet amused for the similarities he had with Tanaka. We all just go and follow the two with their team. With new questions popping up on our curious minds.

____________
__________________
__________

A petite girl wearing a large red baggy hoodie above her maroon shirt and running shorts was silent along with Lev. She's walking straight up ahead like no proper destination while Lev just left her to tease Yaku again about his height. Kenma, kept playing his console stood beside her. Now, Kenma was her new escort. The Nekoma team never leaved her alone to wander around all by herself. The place were wide and stood a big volleyball gymnasium. And bugs are all over the place.

She opened the room where the rest of the Nekoma team are staying. They laid a futon for her in the middle as the rest of the boys are surrounding her futon. They were over protective of the first female player in the team. She was thankful that Kuroo and Kenma talked to the others about her. They accept her as a new part of the team. Making her a little happy, once again somebody accepted her.

Is it fate? Nah, it's just a coincidence. A mere coincidence, that the right room beside them is Karasuno. Good thing there are a small and simply designed washroom inside the room everyone will be staying. A very convenient way to not go outside for now.

The air was fresh and idly, clouds are hiding the sun away and she can hear the gym near by was making loud noises of balls hitting the floor and the screeching sound of the shoes' friction. She was aware of her surroundings, Lev was inside the washroom while the others are already at the gym to start the warm ups and practice matches for the day.

So much for the waiting, the both of them ambled through the corridors. The first practice match were Karasuno vs. Nekoma. Which is too much to say, 'what a coincidence'.

******

Thanks again for reading!!!!

Another chapter finished.

EDITED