Chapter 23 (last)

The bell rang signaling the end of school for that day. Everyone, as usual, was excited to go home or by all means, just wanted to get away from school as soon as possible. And for some particular students, a batch to be exact were impatiently excited. A few weeks left before their final year ended and they would be unofficially graduated. Everyone was over the moon except for one. Taeyong let out a deep sigh thinking about the graduation day. It's a common thing for parents to come and proudly watch their child graduate. The term applied to everyone including Taeyong. And if everyone was not clear yet, the boy was not on good terms with his father yet. The cold war was still going on. And with Taeyong kept avoiding his dad, the war went nowhere.

The five friends were taking all the time they have with no intention of going home quickly at all. Chasing each other in the hallways like toddlers, Taeyong remained silent at the back. Jaehyun, of course, alerted his boyfriend's behavior. He told others to wait at the car as he dragged the latter somewhere. Taeyong just confusedly followed his mate, dragging him to anywhere that Jaehyun had in mind. They were approaching the gym locker and the human already knew what would follow right after. An intense make out. But could Jaehyun don't do it right now? Not that he hated their intimacy. It just...not the right timing.

Taeyong was ready to politely decline what he thought was his boyfriend's desire. But to his surprise, they walked past the locker room as they kept walking. Now, Taeyong was totally oblivious to the vampire. Jaehyun stopped by a vending machine that sold instant coffee and juice and started punching coins into it. He picked iced lattes for both of them.

"What's with the long face?" Jaehyun asked, leaning against the vending machine.

"Nothing..." Taeyong answered with a flat tone.

"Tae...even though I can't read your mind, I still can know something is going on with you." He smiled.

"I'm worried about the graduation day. Parents are invited. And you know how I feel about that." Jaehyun went silent for a second, thinking of the right words to say about this sensitive subject.

"No matter how angry the parents are, they still will come to their kid's graduation." Jaehyun intertwined their hands together.

"How about you ask him regarding the matter? And only if...he doesn't want to come, you have Kun." Jaehyun said and Taeyong smiled.

"Let's go talk at home. The others must be waiting for us." Taeyong suggested and the latter nodded.

They started to leave, hands in hands. In the hallways, Johnny came jogging toward them.

"Taeyong...your dad is here...outside." Johnny said.

The latter froze for a moment. He was not ready to meet his father yet. His grip on Jaehyun's hand tightened.

"Go talk to him. It would be very rude to avoid him when he makes the effort of making the first move." Jaehyun stated.

They reached the exit and Taeyong could see his dad was leaning his car not far from Jaehyun's car.

"I'll wait in the car with others." Jaehyun said and left with Johnny.

Taeyong gulped and nervously walked to his father. Footsteps were heard as Mr. Lee lifted his head and looked toward his son. Taeyong stopped right in front of his dad and awkwardness filled the air between them.

"How are you?" his dad started first.

"Fine..." Taeyong's voice trailed off.

"I want to apologize for being harsh on you. I should have understood you. You deserve to be happy with the one you love." His dad said.