Chapter 51: Stop Stressing Shithead

Start from the beginning

"It was awful. We were both beat within an inch of our lives multiple times. We couldn't go to the hospital. I can't count the number of times I saw my mother passed out on the floor in a coma. Hisashi never even had the common courtesy to move her to a bed. We were beat for everything. If we spoke too much. If we didn't speak enough. Getting in his way. Eating. Sleeping. Being injured. My mother tried to save me all she could, but she couldn't save me when she was on the verge of death after being beat. At those times, my father could do whatever he wanted and he could get away with it. He burned me, stabbed me, cut me and all sorts of other things. That's why I have so many scars." I explained to Shoto, running my hand over his knuckles to soothe myself.

"It wasn't just physical but mental torture as well. He told me he would kill me. He killed my rabbit in cold blood right in front of me and force me to cook and eat it. He held a knife to my throat the entire time. He threatened to kill my mum. He threatened to find Kacchan's family and slaughter them. Once, he came back covered in blood and told me he had killed Kacchan's family, I cried for days, which resulted in being beat. He was unhinged. He is still unhinged." I said with a shiver. I couldn't find the tears to cry. I was just numb as I recounted my early childhood to Shoto.

"I was 7 when I was saved. Nobody came to my house and busted down the door. Nobody knew I was alive, but I still consider myself saved. That night, Hisashi had a guest to dinner. They were doing some shady business deal. I was sent to bed early and I fell asleep. I was woken up when I heard my mother shouting at Hisashi. She never shouted at him after the first year. She didn't want to leave me alone with him. I went downstairs and saw them in the kitchen. He started to beat her, but it was more severe that time. He didn't stop. He just kept going. He used his fist and his quirk. I watched as the life left my mother's body. Her eyes dulled as they stared directly at me. I knew that without my mum,  I would also die, so I ran away into the night. I remember that night that it was raining and there was a full moon. I was running down the street, that photo in my mouth when I came bumped into Shota. He picked me up thinking I was a normal kitten but he got the shock of his life when I turned into a human. He took me to the police station where Hisashi tried to take me back but was arrested for child abuse and neglect. When I told the police that he had murdered my mother and they found her body he was also put on trial for murder in the first degree and domestic violence. He was supposed to be in jail for life but he was broken out and now he's on the lose." I realised that tears had begun to stream from my eyes and my chest felt heavy like it usually did when I spoke about my mother's murder.

Shoto didn't say anything, he didn't have to, his actions said more than he ever could. He pulled me into a tight embrace before pulling back and kissing away the tears which fell from my eyes. He looked down at me with so much love. He didn't pity me as some did. He understood who I was and he knew that I would hate to see him pity me. He simply brushed my hair away from my forehead and placed a chaste kiss on it. "No matter what happens, I'll be here for you Izuku." he whispered lovingly.

The next day dawned bright and I was once again pacing. But this time I was in the lounge area. My friends were all sat in on the sofa trying to watch TV but they were distracted by the pat of my feet as they hit the carpet again and again. "OH MY LORD IZUKU! STOP STRESSING SHITHEAD! YOU DID FINE!" Kacchan screamed at me. I jumped slightly and whipped around to look at him. I levelled a glare at him before stomping over and poking him in the chest several times. "That's all right for you to say Mr I'm a genius." I hissed at him. He rolled his eyes and pushed me down into Shoto's lap where my boyfriend's arms instinctively wrapped around me. I sighed before letting my head flop back onto his chest. I knew that I had little to no reason to be stressing out over my results but I couldn't help but be nervous that I didn't do well good enough. I was scared to disappoint everyone and make them think less of me. 

That night, I was in my bedroom listening to music when there was a knock at my door. I took out my earbuds and shouted for the person to let themself in. Papa opened the door and peered in before walking over and sitting beside me on my bed. "Some little birds told me you were stressing out." he told me calmly. I cursed my best friends out under my breath. Of course, they told my papa. "There's no need for you to worry Izuku. You're smart. You'll do fine." Papa reassured me. I smiled at him and thanked him. He looked over to my alarm clock and stood up with a huff and grumble about his knees aching. "You better go to sleep. It's a school day tomorrow and I don't want you to be tired." he teased me before leaving the room. I looked at the time and saw that it was 11:30 at night. He was right, it would be best if I went to sleep. I placed the book I had been writing in on my bedside table and turned off the lamp. In the inky darkness of my room, I rolled over and fell into a thankfully dreamless sleep. 

I might just post all of the remaining chapters tomorrow, but if I do that then there won't be anything this weekend (most likely). Anyway, thank you for reading chapter 51 of Occurrence and I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are.