5- I Want to go Back

* * *

Awakened by a phone call, I slowly rose up from the bed blinking my eyes a few times. I stared at the familiar white curtain of my room as it protected me from the sun’s rays of sunlight that penetrated the glass sliding door that is leading to the terrace.

I release a sigh of relief as I realized I’m in my cozy room.

“It was a dream,” I breathe out in relief. My dream last night was so realistic, I almost believed I died, married a demon god and that had turned into a demon myself. Recalling my dream, I close my eyes.

“hmmm, I could almost still feel my tail swayin---AHHHHHHH” Screaming as I stared wide-eyed at the majestic man lying beside me. The man had a frown forming on his perfect eyebrows; clearly it showed he was displeased at the sudden outburst.

I opened my mouth and close it again like a fish out of the water. Both the man and I were n a k e d, tails tangled whilst swaying happily (?)

“Are you always this lively in the morning, my mania?” He asked and I quickly screamed again. Memories comes flashing in my mind and I quickly realized what reality was. I closed my eyes and when I open them again, I quickly breathe my curses, ‘F u c k! Dammit! I’m still here.'

Waking up lying in the bed in the familiar dim room, my tail unconsciously moved to find one particular someone. When I couldn’t find what I was looking for, my body rose up from the bed to scan the darkroom. There was no Set around which I surprisingly found upsetting. In my dream, he was lying beside me in full glory like the time I saw him. I was kind of hoping to see that again.

Sighing at my own shameless thought; I decided to get off of the bed and walked towards the unsealed window. I viewed the dark place silently, falling into a deep thought once again.

It quickly sunk-in to me that I’m now a Demon and Set had basically become my husband. However, the fact that I’m in a different world, in the Demon realm to be exact. I could still not believe it. This fact was more surprising to me than turning into a Demon.

I don’t particularly believe in reincarnation, but I recalled that souls that have died and reincarnated, they shouldn’t remember their past life. But clearly that wasn’t the case for me. I could still remember everything when I was still a human so I pretty much still feel the same. I don’t know how it would feel to be a Demon, so can’t differentiate the feeling. I still feel human overall.

Additionally, my soul is a human soul, is it even possible for a human soul to be reincarnated as a Demon? Or this was that witch’s fault? But the witch said she wanted me to marry her son, although I did marry after my death, I doubted that Set was that witch’s son. I highly doubt it.

But either way, was my life not depressing enough to be squashed by truck-san and reincarnated into a Demon; a Dragon shifter and now, also a vampire? Shouldn’t I deserve a reward in the least for enduring all my life's pain and misfortune? I went through a pretty rough life, after I was abandoned by my biological parents, taken in by thugs and then suddenly now, dying not even taking a bite of my take-out food?

“Ahhh, I wanna go back to New York! The movie I was waiting to watch should be premiering at this moment.” I mumbled to myself turning around to see the empty room. I suddenly felt lonely without Set around even though we just met. Not even days had passed but he was the only person (demon) I know here, it won’t be odd if I grew attached to him.

I pouted to myself and walked towards the bed remembering that I hid something under my pillow. It was the small rainbow-colored egg Set and I tried to ‘create’ earlier. I carefully put the small egg on my palm and observe its beautiful colors. This egg was supposed to be our child. I caress it lightly feeling sad that it didn’t have life.