3- Love is Not a Thing

* * *

"W-Why are you smiling? Somehow I don't like that smile."

"I apologize. It seems you truly don't know, my Mania. Of course, I know you're a male but you are also a celestial. With both our magic combined, making dozens of heirs would be easy. Do not worry about that, I will not force you to do something you wouldn't want, for now." The horned man replied. I was kinda worried about what he said.

First of all, what does he mean by both our magic combined we could make dozens of offsprings?! That alone sounds very alarming. I have no plan of having children in my whole life, I'm going to be that single but awesome godfather of my friends' children. I am not meant for children so -NO.

Second of all, what does he mean by for now?! Does it mean he's gonna force me eventually in the future?! That is not okay.

"What do you mean for now?!" I voiced out what was on my mind. My eyes opened wide and as if we were familiar, he walked closer to me, and soon I found my small body being embraced by his massive build.

"Of course. I may be like this but I do want to see my children grow up. Teach them to fight monsters and ghouls. Teach them how to battle and conquer." The horned man casually said and the more he speaks about children the more my expression turns ashen.

"Uhmm, Please let go of me. I appreciate all your kindness but I think you should do that with someone you love? It is impossible for us because I don't know you and I have no plan to marry and have children with you or anyone. All I want right now is to return to earth and have as a normal life as possible. Thank you for the offer though." I said and removed myself from his embrace. I walked towards the window and casually looked at the dark surroundings not waiting for his answer. He also didn't answer and kept silent so I focused my attention on what was outside.

Since the place I am now was fairly high, I could see everything on the horizon. 'Why is this place so dark?' I looked around more and somehow despite the darkness, my eyes were seeing so clearly. Am I really a Demon now? A celestial being and dragon shifter? I still feel pretty much the same as before except for the tail because it casually moves on its own without me making it move. I can barely control it.

At first, if I focus my attention on its movement, I'll be able to control but then once I forget, which it does happen, it would just move on its own like it had its own life.

With my tail swaying left and right, my eyes caught a group of lights at the far side of the desert-like view. 'What is that? A Market maybe?' It does look like it is a market. I looked around more and soon my eyes landed in the sky. I silently gasp in both shock and amusement.

The moon. They have all phases of the moon displayed lining in order on the dark sky. It is my first time seeing something like this in person. I always see this on T-shirt prints or paintings but I never thought that there are different worlds showing the same view. It's breathtaking. If only I had my mobile phone, I would have taken lots of pictures of it and posted them on my Instagram.

I was still very much amused by the great view of the moon when the horned demon at my back finally decided to talk after what I told him earlier. "Earth? Do you mean the mortal realm?" He asked after a few seconds of silence. I glanced at him and nodded in surprise.

I guess the mortal realm means Earth right? Does he know how to return me?! Seeing my surprised expression. The horned man sighs helplessly before he walks towards me again but this time he only stood next to where I am.

"I apologize again for planning something, not consulting you. I see you have different views but Love is not common in this realm, for us it's unnecessary. In the first place, Demons are creatures that cannot Love. That is why we are called Demons. Marriage and copulation is something we do because we have to. And many of us do enjoy it." The horned man started and I somehow kinda felt sad for these creatures. Cannot love?! Isn't that too sad?