The institution episode 37

Start from the beginning

Emotan called for a meeting, the turn out was more than the first there were about eighty two women present because the news of Eghosa's resurrection.
"I know we've all heard the news and you all have definitely come to hear the full news. Well we're live on Facebook and we're here to open everyone's eyes to the truth. I invite to this podium to speak to us, a woman whom I've spent my life admiring, a woman that was wrongfully pronounced dead, my sister Eghosa" she announced and Eghosa went up to the podium.
"My women I greet you oh." She began in English then she continued in Bini, "I know for some, your heart still beats in fear because you feel the person standing in front of you is a ghost but I want you to be relaxed, It's still me the fearless Eghosa"
Some of the women jubilated.
"We are back!" Some of them yelled,
"Yes oh! We are back! Eight years of lies, eight years of atrocities here and there but we have remained quiet not saying anything but today we are saying enough is enough! I have had this anguish burning In me for eight years, out of the fear of ending up dead. They thought they killed us in that bush so we buried ourselves for eight years and now we've resurrected and we are here to say to the government." Before she could complete her words a gun shot was fired towards her direction and it hit the wooden podium, so she hid besides it.
Everyone presente started running off for their lives. The anti-cultist group who were present alongside with trusted Police men headed by Faruq held their guns ready to open fire incase the shooters tried to shoot again.

Jack drove off along with some member of the gang.

"Should we go after them?" Faruq asked and a man shook his head.
"There's no point, they might still be around. Let's first of all get Madam Eghosa out of here first"

Emotan rushed towards her sister. "Are you okay?" "Yes" she laughed like a crazy person.
"Wrong move Babylon," she whispered. "I guess we'll have to go to DTV to continue this then"

Samuel finally woke up to see Delilah's face over him. "Jesus!" He yelled in fear and she raised a brow at him. "Am I that hideous?"
"Did you see her? Sh... Sh... She said she was coming to haunt me. Was I the only one who saw her or was I dreaming?"
"She's real" Delilah answered and Samuel fell on the bed again.
"Are you going to faint again?" She snapped and Samuel placed his hands above his head.
"How is she alive?"
"That fool Ziko did this. I don't care if he's dead, if I can see his dead body, I would have put holes in every damn part!" She snapped then she exhaled.
"Now the whole of Benin is talking about you fainting like an idiot. Can you imagine that?"
"Who have we offended now?" He asked unconsciously then he hissed.
"Has Babylon made plans?"
"Has Babylon made plans?" She mimicked him, "If you stand up for once to give ideas of what should be done, will you die?"
"I was unconscious. Do you know how I was feeling, my heart was like, it would come out of my chest. Why wasn't I taken to the hospital?"
"Well, I knew it was a minor issue and all we needed was to pour water on you but I didn't though. Of course I knew you were just being a coward"
"What if I had died"
"We would have given you a proper burial"
"Don't joke about things like this Delilah."
"I'm not in a good mood Samuel, don't expect me to be the perfect wife right now. If I didn't care about you, I would have been out of this house" she answered.
This was followed by a brief silence.
"Doctor Adams said it was a mild heart attack and he advised you stay away from things that will make your blood pressure higher"
"With everything happening? Even you sitting close to me is enough to make it go higher." He complained and she glared at him.
He threw his face against the wall then he hissed again.
"I know Babylon must have done something. What's in place?"
"There's a meeting at the market square and" her phone rang, it was a call from Babylon.
"Babylon kind of ordered for Eghosa's  elimination"
"Is that even smart?"
"Wait" she picked up the call.
"Good news?"
"No. They missed, she's not dead and they're moving towards DTV. She's going to confess"
"Are you going to make her do that?"
"What should I do? Go there and stop her? Live today, fight another day Delilah. We're screwed if she goes there. We don't know what trick that William guy has in stock for us. I'm not going to sit around and watch it unfold"
"Are you doing what I think you are?" She stood up and Babylon laughed.
"I'll advise you and your husband to do same"
"You're running away from a battle. When... When have we ever done that? We're warrriors, didn't our parents teach you better"
"The last time I checked, our parents ended up in jail and that's the last place I want to be. I'd rather die by the gun!" He snapped and she hung up.
"Cowards everywhere!" She yelled and Samuel struggled to rise up.
"He's running away right?"
"Was i speaking in French?" She snapped back then she rolled her eyes.
"Just one simple challenge and he's planning to run"
"I better call the maids to start packing up my things too"
"To where?"
"The governor is sick, very ill and needs to be rushed to the United States for treatment. I better call that Silvia to start cooking up something to publish" His eyes scattered around for his phone.
"Where's that phone let me also call Dr. Adams"
"You're not going anywhere"
"Let's be real here. If Babylon is running it means he's out of options and has little ideas left. This idea to leave is the only best thing I can think of right now and you have to admit that it'll work fine"