I smiled before slowly reaching down and grabbing hold of his hand, surpised at the warmth it exuded. He turned to me at this, watching as I raised our hands to the wall, lying his hand flat against the wall with mine over it.

"This is the way to Earth." I confirmed with a nod as he stared at our hands against the cave. He turned to look at me again, a burning look in his eyes- one that made a feeling of heat spread through me.

"Are they all like you?" He murmured, his gaze not leaving me. My eyebrows furrowed at his question.

"What do you mean, 'like me'?" I asked to which he blinked slowly.

"Are they all beautiful like you?" He said without hesitance, his gaze burning into mine and I blushed profusely at his words, looking down.

My lips twitched as I tried to fight the smile making its way to my lips. He watched every action intently and I nodded at his question before raising my eyes, trying to calm the blush.

"Yes, I think everyone is beautiful in their own way." I answered honestly, glad my voice was unwavering. He smiled, processing my words and I smiled back before we both moved our hands down.

A minute of silence descended after this as I looked around, but this was interrupted by Emut who backed away from the cave, a small smile on his face.

"I guess, it's my turn to show you something."

******************

"Okay, now open." Emut's deep voice rung out from behind me as he guided me to what he wanted to show me.

I opened my eyes, letting out a small breath at the sight before me. We were still in the oasis, that much I could tell from the trees and, in a small clearing, was a small lagoon of blue water, sparkling as the moon hit it. I neared it, looking around at the blooming red flowers hanging high in the trees.

"This is so beautiful." I let out and Emut nodded with a smile before seating himself down. I followed and sat beside him, listening as he spoke.

"I've been coming here for years. I was here when I heard footsteps and found you for the first time." He explained and I looked around in awe. Seeing the memory from his perspective was strange- the life he had before I had become a part of it. If I had stayed home, I'd probably have still been slaving away, making food for Richard who always came home late. And, everyone here would have continued on, unaware of my existence.

"What are you thinking about?" I turned to Emut at his question, watching as he leaned back on his palms, waiting for an answer.

I sighed at this, turning to look at the water. Usually, I'd keep all such matters to myself as I had done with Ayla, but I couldn't bring myself to stop the words.

"I'm thinking about family from back home." I said quietly, watching as he lifted himself closer, a look of concern on his face.

"Do you miss them?" He asked and I let out a small laugh to which his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Why should I? They wouldn't be missing me." I bit out honestly, knowing all too well that they wouldn't shed a tear for my absence. I had gained that sense now and was glad to have made that revelation.

Emut sighed at my words, brushing his hair back.

"You weren't close?" He asked and I tutted, closing my eyes at each passing memory of home.

"I wanted to be, but they didn't consider me family." I finally let out the words that I had tried to bury deep within. He didn't speak at this, listening and I was thankful for the opportunity to vent.