We were all sitting around the lounge room, squeezing on the three 'settees' he had and having a group discussion about nothing in particular. Matt, Arielle and I talked about this sushi place we all collectively adored and Alex butted in every now and then to sprinkle in his opinion. I noticed the way Arielle would look at him and damn, it was the look of love in the flesh. It was so subtle but the smile on her cheeks whenever she laughed at one of his jokes was incomparable. I hoped Alex would know a good thing when it was right before him.

  Miles and Nick started joking with Jamie about the whole 'platonic marriage group' thing that Jamie still seemed to be pouty over not initially being a part of. They were all very childish jokes and 'burns' whilst Jamie continued to tell them they were being "wankers" and to "fuck off you wet candles."

All in good fun I put in my own two cents, making a joke that even made Jamie laugh, quite caught off guard since I hadn't said anything until then.

"That was a good one," Nick chuckled and held out his fist for me. It was so good to be around people who could take jokes and have friendly banter with.

I laughed and leaned over Alex with my arm outstretched to fist bump Nick all the way on the other sofa.

"Sorry," I said to Alex as I basically laid over his lap trying to reach Nick as both of us were way too lazy to get up.

"It's alright," Alex chuckled as I subconsciously pushed a hand on his leg as if it would stretch me out further.

I laughed at our failed attempt as Nick and I decided on just doing an air-fist-pump in the end. I apologised to Alex again as I used the hand on his thigh to help me push myself up off him. I looked up at him as I sat back upright and saw him staring directly ahead of him at Matt, his face bright red and his eyes and Matt's looking like they were having a telepathic conversation.

"Sorry," I said quietly as I sat back, looking from Alex to Matt who snapped out of it quite quickly.

"It's fine love," Alex managed a smile. "Matt help me get the...uh," he said quickly, stumbling over the end of his sentence and clearing his throat.

"Uh yeah sure," Matt said before Alex could form a proper word and they both stood up and walked off without another word.

Dumbfounded, I just watched them go and then Jamie when he went off to go follow them. Ten seconds later, a loud eruption of laughter sounded from down the hall. It was Jamie. It sounded like someone was tickling him to death.

"What happened?" I asked Nick curiously.

Miles giggled and leaned over to me and whispered, "I think ya gave Al a stiffy."

My cheeks flushed red as I lost any and all ability to speak coherently. Was it me bending over him? Was it the hand on his leg? Shit I feel so bad. Oh god. Miles chuckled and pat my shoulder, "don't be embarrassed, I may be wrong."

It was awkward as hell when Alex came back, I avoided eye contact with him, praying to god that my cheeks weren't burning up again. Everyone around us though, managed to keep a flowing, natural conversation that broke the tension soon enough. And I am so thankful for that easy escape. Talking about Glastonbury, England, working in the studio, all that.

"Alright how's everyone feeling?" Miles spoke up.

  An hour later and we were all admiring the world with new eyes. Giggles all through the come up. Miles had sorted us out good. It being my first time, I spent the entire peak just analysing everything around me as it spun and pulsed and shifted with different colours. It was like I was levitating. I lost all concept of time and space; and all it took was a small transparent pink square.