Pilot

Park Jisung was an unseen gem of a boy. Next to no one knew his name, except for his small circle of friends. That's how he liked it. Other people generally were too stupid for him to even handle, so he was glad they left him alone.

Quietly did he sit in his seat during class, watching the clouds slowly mosey across the blue sky out the window.

"Hello Jeno!!" A shy voice interrupted Jisung's thought process. Judging eyes stabbed at the girls surrounding the boy that just walked into the classroom.

Lee Jeno, the coveted captain of the basketball team, could never exist without some sort of swarm of admirers following him about. He also had the notorious reputation of being a shameless flirt and heartthrob playboy, just to add to the cliché mix.

Nothing bothered Jisung more. He was just a dumb basketball boy with a jawline. What was so special besides the pretty face?

Not that Jisung was jealous, because that was far from the truth. He just disliked dumb people, and as far as he was concerned, Lee Jeno was the dumbest of them all.

"Morning, sweetheart!" Jeno smiled at the girl that greeted him. He cruised right past her and her friends, taking his seat in the back.

Jisung scoffed and returned his attention to the clouds outside.

"Okay class, today I'll administer your seating chart!" The teacher clapped her hands in front of her mouth too cheerily. The class let out croaks and whines of protest. Jisung, however, couldn't care any less.

"I told you that you could sit where you wanted for the first few weeks. I was generous and gave you nearly a month, so now is not the time to nag me, kids." She raised her brows expectantly. Everyone quieted and sullenly followed the chart she projected onto the board.

Jisung actually didn't need to move, but he did need to pull his stuff off of the desk that was usually empty up until now. He had an assigned seat mate. He wanted to stab himself dead when he read the name that was paired next to his own.

Lee Jeno slid into the desk next to him, and turned to Jisung. "Hey."

Jisung didn't give him the pleasure of a response. He just looked at the jock briefly before doodling in the margins of his notebook to distract himself from the human migraine beside him.

This response was one Jeno had never been met with before, except for girls that were mad at him for petty things like not dating them after making out with them.

Maybe this quiet boy was new and shy. Jeno knew he'd never seen him before, so that's what he decided to go with.

"My name is—"

"I know who you are." Jisung cut the basketball player off, eyes not leaving the notebook.

Nope. Definitely not shy. Whether or not he was a new student was now irrelevant, because the point was that he knew Lee Jeno. Said boy was about to have fun trying to stir the pot a little bit and get a reaction out of this sassy icon he'd discovered.

Jeno raised an eyebrow, and the lightest smirk tugged at a corner of his lips. "Oh, do you now?"

Here we go.

Jisung stayed silent. If he ignored the guy, chances were he'd leave him alone.

He was wrong.

"Don't be like that, lovey," the jock put his jaw in his palm and cooed at the younger.

Lee Jeno indeed had the audacity to assume Jisung liked him. Jeno was straight, and so only ever pursued females, but he wasn't put off by the fact that boys found him just as attractive as the girls did. Although he would never go for another guy, the shameless and heartless flirt within him couldn't resist teasing from time to time.