"Not really, no. I don't want to see you giving all your attention to a different kid." She cringed. "I like it just us."

I smiled, "Me too, princess."

She nodded as one single tear started falling from her eye. I quickly wiped it away with my thumb and kissed her cheek. "Please don't cry, baby girl."

She moved even closer to me so her head was on my chest and her breathing slowly evened out.

"The worst part," she suddenly said, "Is that on the first day this girl named Carter, who is obnoxiously annoying, came to my locker and walked to first hour with me.. and sat by me. And of course that was a really nice gesture but something just seemed off. Anyway, she came to my locker almost every gosh damn day and then I see them lip lockin." She said, disgusted.

I saw Marissa peek in the doorway and I motioned her in. She tip toed over to the bed and laid down beside Annie.

"That's terrible." I said. "That's why I told you to be careful who you trust. Go find a new man, ya know? Make Conner jealous."

"Yeah," Marissa agreed. "Go make Conner jealous!"

"Duh!" I heard Wilmer say from the doorway. "Go make Conner jealous!"

We all threw our head back laughing. Who knows how long he's been listening. Mar grabbed a pillow and threw it at him, "Excuse me, this is girl talk!"

He put his hands up in defense, "Sorry, sorry."

I sighed and moved the hair out of Annie's face. She's so beautiful.

Annie's POV

I grabbed my backpack out of the passenger seat then closed the door shut. Slinging it over my shoulder, I made my way into the school.

But this time it was different.

When I walked in, everyone stopped and watched me. Some whispered. Some rolled their eyes in disgust. Some laughed. I felt like I was in a movie.

I felt heat rise to my cheeks in embarrassment. Why are these people staring at me? Is it my outfit? I'm just wearing a flannel and shorts. Did I do something?

I turned the corner to the hallway where my locker was, but I got the same reaction.

"Slut," someone sneered and a few people around them cracked up.

Slut? I haven't even had my first kiss. What is going on?

With shaking eyes and a lump in my throat, I spun my combination and opened my locker.

I was contemplating if I should just hurry up and go to first hour or if it was just going to get worse. I could wait here until everyone left the hallways so I didn't get any death stares.

"Why?" I heard Conner ask behind me.

My heart rate quickened as I spun around, "What?"

"I just want to know why." He stated. His face was red with anger and his eyes looked like he had been crying.

"Know what?" I asked.

"That's all I wanna know." He said, ignoring me.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't play dumb!" He snapped. "Like what was the purpose of causing all of this shit?"

"What are you talking about?!"

"Screw you, Annie. I wish I never would've hung out with you, let alone met you. You are disgusting!" He yelled, drawing a crowed.

I'm going to cry. I feel it. What the fuck is he talking about?!

"What the hell are you talking about?!"

"Carter told me. She told me everything. You just used me, which is pretty funny considering you told me everything. Oh, wait. That was all pity bullshit too, wasn't it?"

"What bullshit? I did trust you! What is everyone even talking about?"

He shook his head, "I bet everything was a lie. Everything you told me about your stupid celebrity life."

"What. Are. You. Talking. About?"

"Everyone knows now. The secret is out. Stop being such a lying bitch!"

That's it. I felt like someone is punching me repeatedly in the gut over and over again.

"I-"

"Fuck you. I thought I loved- just fuck you. Screw you. Never talk to me again." And then he turned away and pushed through the crowd.

My breath has been sucked out of me. Nothing compares to the pain I'm feeling right now. Everything just happened so fast. What the fuck just happened? I really can't do this. I grabbed my phone out of my locker and went to turn, but all the people were still standing there.

"Move," I yelled, trying to get through them.

They laughed and scurried away as I ran into the bathroom stall. I locked the door and leaned against the door as sobs started escaping my mouth. With tears blurring my vision, I dialed Demi's number.

"Did you forget your lunch again?" She laughed.

"Mom," I cried, "Please, please come get me."

"Annie? What's wrong?!"

"Mom, ple-please." I said, inhaling sharp breaths.

"Okay, okay. I'm on my way. Did someone hurt you?"

Yes.

"Please mom, I need you!"

"Go to the office right now and wait for me! I'll be there in a few minutes."

The line went dead and I fell completely to the floor. I've never hurt so bad in my life and I don't even know what I did.