Clean Up

A sinister smirk appeared on my face when he finally took his final breath. I had killed and God, it felt good. His blood covered me from head to toe, and I could start to feel the liquid dry. I decided to take a shower, wanting to remove the sticky liquid from my body. I grabbed some of Kayden’s clothes that he left here and walked into the bathroom, turning on the shower. I looked in the mirror to see bright red blood staining my face and chest. My adrenaline was still rushing from the kill. It was sad that killing got me this excited, but I couldn’t help it. It was just too fun, especially when you hate the person you’re killing.

            I stepped into the shower and scrubbed and scrubbed the blood away until I once again saw my tanned skin. Even though I was sure no one would ever come to this island, I had a plan to cover my tracks and remove all evidence of Kayden ever being here. I walked outside and dragged the other man’s body into the house. I wasn’t sure who he was, probably one of Kayden’s personal bitch who did everything he said. I made sure not to get blood on me since I’d just showered. I wore latex gloves to prevent any fingerprints and for the blood to stain my hands again.

            Then I took off Kayden’s handcuffs and dragged him out to my boat, where I had a special funeral service for him. You could tell I’d been doing this for awhile because there wasn’t a speck of blood on me. Then I grabbed all the gasoline and alcohol I could find and slowly drenched every room in the liquids. The strong stench of alcohol filled the air, letting me know I was ready to begin. I lead a trail of gas out onto the beach. I pulled out my lighter and lit it. Without hesitation, I tossed the lighter onto the damp sand and watched as it caught flame, heading into the house.

            I jogged over to my boat and quickly pulled away from the island before the house could explode. Once I was at a safe distance, I turned and watched as the island bursted into flames, the blinding light shining in my eyes. The heat practically cooked my skin since I was fairly close to the explosion still.

            Once the island was nearly a pile of ashes I started the boat and drove away not looking back. It was about ten minutes later when I can to a stop again. I was in the middle of the ocean still but that was my plan.  A smirk appeared on my face when I saw several gray fins sticking out of the water. This was where great white sharks were located in the area. I tossed Kayden’s body into the ocean in within seconds I was watching the water turn red and the body being devoured by the beasts. I had taken care of that loose end now. I started to drive again, planning on going and talking to Kelly about everything that happened. I remembered the last time we had been able to talk and she hadn’t known about my sinister ways.

            It was another boring day at the station. My day consisted of training young rookies and filling out paperwork. One time I did get to go out on patrol for an hour, but that wasn’t anything interesting. People would wonder why I’m the way I am, kidnapping girls and killing them, but if they lived my life they would understand. I needed some adrenaline in my life. In just a few minutes, my favorite person would come in for her private self defense class.

            Kelly Hunter was the daughter of one of my close friends. Though in my mind I hated his guts but I need to play the whole friend act in order to be normal and not a suspect that Matt has been searing endlessly for. It’s ironic that the killer and kidnapper is right under his nose this whole time. For the moment I had seen Kelly, I knew I wanted to be close to her. She was so beautiful, smart, and innocent that I couldn’t help but fall in love with her when we first met.