Partners

It was exactly a half an hour when Dole walked into the house. I smiled at the sight of my partner. I had so many things planned and I wasn’t sure if I could wait for them all to happen. The first part of business was to get Dole to deliver the tape to Robbins and show Kayden’s guiltiness. The thing was, I knew exactly where Kayden was, he just didn’t know it. I was always great at hide and seek, and found everyone. No one can hide from me.

            “So what’s the plan?” Dole asked as he took a seat on the living room couch across from where I was standing.

            “First, I want you to deliver this to Robbins.” I said, throwing him the tape.

            “Okay and I’m assuming that this isn’t the only reason you called me.” He said frowning.

            “Of course not, I also want you to go undercover with Kayden and become his friend. I want every detail about him and what his plans are. Sure, I can spy on him but you can get more, if he thinks you are on his side.” I said, smiling evilly.

            “Alright, and you know where he is?” Dole asked.

            “Yes, he is actually in the Bahamas.” I laughed, loving the irony of everything.

            If only Kayden knew that the Bahamas was where Dole and I became partners. Dole joined in the laughing also knowing the irony in the situation. I guess I would be visiting the wonderful island once again.

            “That’s very interesting; I guess that’s a popular place to hide.” Dole said.

            I nodded, as I stood up. I walked into the kitchen, leaving Dole sitting on the couch. Under the sink, in a secret trap door that I had created was a box. It wasn’t just any box though. I walked back over to Dole and sat across from him. I set the box on the coffee table in between us and gestured for him to open it. Dole opened it and I stared, waiting for his reaction.

            “What is this?” He said, holding up two things.

            One of the things was a silver necklace that had a heart charm on the end of it and the other thing was a knife, dried blood covering it. I looked down at the ground, not making eye contact with Dole.

            “The necklace was something I was going to give to Kelly before she died and the knife was the one Kayden used to,” I paused, not wanting to finish the sentence. It was used to kill Kelly but thinking it and saying it were two different things.

            “And why are you showing me this?” He asked.

            “Because I want Kayden to suffer. You are my closest friend now and I want you to see this. I’ve done many things bad in my life but trust Kayden was probably one of the worst ones, that and torturing Kelly by kidnapping her. I do regret it but I want your help to take down Kayden.” I said.

            “Do you think I’m not on your side and that you have to guilt trap me into this?” He asked.

            “I do but I just want to make sure you don’t switch sides. You can’t blame me though; I’ve had everyone in my life betray me.” I said, frowning.

            “You’re right; I’m on your side though. You can trust me one hundred percent. Let’s take down this son of a bitch.” Dole smirked.

            “It will take time though, we must be patient or it won’t work.” I said, making sure he knew that. If we did things at the wrong time, everything could be ruined.