Bygones Be Bygones

Kelly’s Point of View

            We pulled up to the house where all my nightmares started. Why would they want to bring me here when they know I’ve been here before? Then I remembered even if I wanted to escape, I was surrounded by water, so escaping was nearly impossible. Now that I think about it, it was rather smart. Dole got out along with Erica and tied the boat to the dock. I was still sitting, afraid to move. I wasn’t sure if I was nervous to see Kayden again or to be back at this house.      

            Dole frowned, probably knowing all the memories I had here. This was where I first met Dole, where Marcus was killed, where I was shot for the first time, and where Kyle turned Dole bad. This was where I got to know Brooke better, but now she was dead and never coming back. To think just one place could have so many memories. Dole held out his hand to help me out of the boat, and I took it, afraid to stand up by myself.

            What was going to happen once I got in there? Would Kyle be here as well? Would he come save me? I fixed my stupid dress as I slowly started to walk to the front of the house with Erica and Dole. It was about seven o’clock in the evening, making me realize how long I’ve been missing already. My hands were trembling and my heart was picking up speed. You’d think I would be used to this by now, but I wasn’t. How could anyone get used to being kidnapped and not knowing what would happen to you?

            As soon as we walked into the glass doors, I was welcomed with a loud bang. I closed my eyes, knowing that sound too well. It was a gun shot. I grabbed onto Dole, terrified to open my eyes because I was afraid I was the one shot or that a gun would be at my head. I knew I had to open them though, so I slowly opened them, my breathing loud and rapid. I let out a scream when I saw Erica, lying on the floor, blood oozing from her head.

            “Well, hello my beautiful girl.” A voice cooed.

            My head snapped to my right to see Kayden in the flesh and blood. He hadn’t changed a bit since the last time I saw him. He still had his icy blue eyes and his dirty blonde hair that was messed up, but made to look attractive. I refused to think of Kayden that way. To me, he was just a murderer and someone who was crazy. He was still in shape and I knew he was stronger just by looking at him. Fighting would be harder and more tiring if he can overpower me faster.

            For some reason I thought hiding behind Dole would be a good idea. I trusted him more than Kayden, but hiding made me look weak and all Dole had to do was move for Kayden to get to me. So many memories of Kayden came back to me. The way he caused Brooke to kill herself because she was raped, and when he stabbed me and almost killed me. This monster couldn’t just leave me alone, could he?

            Just to my luck, Dole moved away from me, so that he was standing in front of the doors so I couldn’t run. I frowned, knowing that there was no escape for me. I avoided eye contact with Kayden, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of me staring at him hopelessly. I kept telling myself that I needed to be strong and fight as much as I could because Kayden wasn’t Kyle, he would do anything to me.  

            “You look beautiful tonight.” Kayden complimented, causing me to jump by the closeness of his voice.