And since I'm in love with him, and I'm not feeling particularly suicidal at the moment, I say "Yes," and know instantly I'll regret it when he swings his arms around me. (He's so bloody warm and I'm so bloody cold and I think perhaps I'll let his fire consume me.)

"Thank you Bazzybooooo!" He whispers in my ear. If I were standing, my knees would be sure to buckle. "So we need a plan." He pulls back but keeps his hands on me, which is both the worst and best thing I've felt in my miserable existence.

"I'll talk to Bunce privately and get a feel for if she might like you in... that way. Then if I think she might, you can just talk to her about it."

"That's not much of a plot..." He grumbles, looking away from me. I can't help but raise my eyebrow at him. (Back in third year he tried so hard to prove I was plotting something, even if he was my best mate. The only thing I was plotting was how to figure out my feelings for him. And then destroy them. Obviously I'm not much of a plotter.)
"But it'll work, Snow. Chomsky knows you couldn't come up with something better." For a second I think I've hurt his feelings but then he looks up and me and flashes me that smile of his. (Fuck me.)

...

I'd like to know what in Morgana's name got me to the point where I was having 'girl talk' with Bunce. And then I'd like to tackle it and tell it to give me my money back. Because I'm sitting across her in the library (our favorite place to catch up when Snow has dulled our intellect for too long) and asking her about the love of my life. To see if she has feelings for him. (Fuck me, I say again.)

"So... Bunce." She's smiley today. I don't know why.

"Yes, Basil?" Her leg is jumping furiously under the table and I know she's a ball of pent up energy. Good energy.

"Well I was wondering if we could talk, one friend to another?" She gasps as if she got a new puppy for Christmas. I can't deal with all this happiness.

"Did you just- you did! You called me your friend! Aw, Baz I love you too!" Her grin is almost as blinding as Simon's, which is quite a feat.

"Okay whatever, Bunce. I was just wondering..." I take a deep breath in, preparing for the inevitable heartbreak I'll feel when she says she likes him, too. Because who wouldn't? He's... he's perfect. "What you thought of Simon."

Her eyes blink at me. Once. Twice. Three times. Then she cocks her head to the side. "Simon? I love him- you and him are my best mates!" I'm about to interrupt her and say that's not what I meant when she continues on. (Headstrong, she is. Always has been.) "So anyway Baz, I have news! I wanted to tell you first because y'know- boy talk." (Bunce has it in her head that we have the same type. She's the only one that knows I'm gay other than Dev, Niall and my family.) "I met a bloke. He's from Omaha- I met him over the Summer when I was visiting Micah and we've started talking more."

"Well that's goo-"

"I don't want you thinking I need a boy to be happy- I don't Baz. I'm plenty happy on my own. But... he makes me happier. His name is Shepherd; people in the states have such weird names. Anywho- Crowley he asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday! Isn't that lovely?" I find myself nodding and smiling along. (I tell myself it's because she's happy. And it partly is. Only I think it's mostly because that means she doesn't like Simon. I'm taking this as a selfish win.)

We talk for a long while about life. About our classes, her bloke in the states and if I've got my eyes on anyone. I tell her maybe, but she doesn't pry. She's good that way.

Then I'm on my way back to Mummers to deliver the happy news.

*Simon's POV*

When Baz walks in the room, I spring up. (It's almost just a habit at this point. I see Baz, I go to him. Like a magnet, almost. Friends're weird like that, I s'pose.) "Well?" I ask, walking over to him. He looks happy, which makes me think maybe Penny does like me back, which makes my gut twist.