Green-Eyed Simon

Otp Prompt #11: Simon walks into their room to see his enemy with a bloke, which should be fine. They're enemies. So then why does Simon feel so... jealous?

This was supposed to be posted a little while ago, but I just completely spaced, so here it is now! (That's why it says prompt #11)

Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck. My brain can't even comprehend what in the bloody hell I just witnessed. I was just walking back from classes to Mummers House to grab a different tie for dinner, (I accidentally spelled mine into a snake) even though I just hang out with Penny until it's time to eat. When I opened the door, just minding my own bloody business, I saw Baz shirtless, which wouldn't have been so bad had he not been with another bloke. Another shirtless bloke. They were snogging on Baz's bed, laying down. This, of course, opened a whole new slew of questions; Is Baz gay? Does he have a boyfriend? Does he have another person to plot with? And how didn't I know?

But at the moment, I was of course too flustered to think of asking any of these things, so instead I just yelped, "Oh! Baz! Aleister Crowley, so sorry. I'll just... I'll just leave you to it then," When I started talking, he seemed to notice me and sat bolt upright, face flushed (he must've just eaten) and lips puffed. I tried to ignore the way my heart hammered so hard I could hear it, and how sweaty I had gotten almost instantly. I'm sure I was even more flushed than he was (being that I'm human and all) as I ran away as fast as I could and slammed the door behind me- tie long forgotten.

Now, here I am, nervously fiddling with my shirt collar while I eat with Penny. "I thought you were going to get a new tie." Penny furrowed her brow and she asked me through bites of her roast beef. I'm not really paying attention, though- Baz just walked through the doors looking flustered and thoroughly shagged. His hair was a mess (falling all over his face) and buttons of his shirt were still unbuttoned. I notice he has a tie in his hand (my tie) and that he's walking right towards Penny and I. He stopped right in front of me and held my tie out in front of him while he kept adjusting his crumpled clothes.

"Forgot your tie, Snow," He sneered at me. I snatch it from him and he walks away to the food line. I have to rip my eyes from him when Penny raises an eyebrow at me. Think, Simon I have to tell myself. He's your enemy. You don't care about who he snogs.

"Simon, what was that about? So you were by the room, but you didn't get your tie?" I try to answer her, but she just keeps on talking. "And what was going on with Baz? Now he looks like he got some..." She stops mid sentence and I can tell she's just realized something. (Or she thinks she has. I'm not sure she really figured out anything). "Oh... oh. Simon! Good for you! Ugh, finally. I swear you two were just oblivious for the longest bloody time-"

"What are you talking about, Penny?" I interrupt her. She cocks her head and looks at me, clearly confused.

"Well you and Baz, of course! You finally got together, yeah? I mean, you come to meet with me looking positively flustered and then Baz walks in here with your tie and looking properly shagged. And the fact that you've both had the most bloody sexual tension for the past seven and a half years. Aleister Crowley, I'm surprised it took you this long to figure it out!" I stare at her, dumbfounded. Baz and I are enemies. We have been for years! What is she talking about?

"Wh- what? No, Penny... Penny. Baz and I hate each other, and you think we've just had a romp in the sack?"

"Oh, so hate sex then. I see. Juicy!" She cringes as she soaks in her choice of words. "Er- interesting."

I sigh frustratedly. Why does she think that Baz and I would ever do something like that? "No, Pen. I was going to our room to get my tie, just like I told you. But when I walked in, he was with a bloke. Like with a bloke, Penny. And I got flustered seeing my enemy like that with someone, so I ran away. They're probably plotting together now. We've got to be on high alert. In fact, maybe we should find the bloke and split them up..." I trail off as Penny looks at me like I'm a bloody idiot.