A Sticky Note A Day

Otp Prompt #12: Simon proposes to Baz with a sticky note a day in his favorite book... (Post-canon) (Baz's POV)

My therapist gave me a book to read. I fought with Simon long and hard about going to see a therapist, but at the end of the day, I decided he might be right. So I went to see one (a magickal one that was bloody hard to track down) and it turns out that she actually helped. Of course, sometimes she's just fucking wrong in her analysis. One time she said I may have 'self destructive tendencies'. Who gave her the bloody right? When she said that, I promptly hung up on her and didn't talk to her for a month, slipping into a depression. Then I decided that she might be right, so Simon made me call and apologize.

But I'm getting off track. Today, my therapist gave me a book called Simon Vs. The Homosapiens Agenda. A book about a closeted gay kid or some shit. So now I'm back in Penny and Simon's flat trying to get myself into the reading mood. (Simon is the only other one here. Penny barely likes to be in the room with the both of us because she says we're too cuddly. A fucking hypocrite is what she is. Her and that Micah guy never keep their hands off of each other when he comes to visit). (Simon comes to stay at my flat when that happens, so I don't complain much). Simon is sitting on the sofa watching me. As if it wasn't bloody hard enough to start reading- then add Simon's eyes and his hair to the mix and it's nearly fucking impossible.

"Baz, what's wrong?" He furrows his brow and moves to stand in front of me. On instinct, I start to sneer at him, but then I realize that I don't have to anymore. Because Simon Snow is mine. Voluntarily. I don't have to keep that wall up anymore. That's another thing my therapist and I talk about a lot; Simon. She once told me that I had to limit myself to no more than ten minutes talking about him, because I'd never shut up about the fact that he was finally with me. (I don't usually follow that rule).

"Oh nothing, Love. Just having a hard time getting into this bloody book."

"But you love reading! It's your favorite thing, other than me," He flashes me a toothy grin and I can't help but grin back. His stupid beautiful smile is infectious. "So what's holding you back?"
"I suppose I'm in a bit of a reading rut. I can't find a book that grasps my attention for that long." He thinks for a moment, biting at his bottom lip. His wings are starting to show, but I don't dare tell him that. I quite like them. When we're sleeping (because we sleep together now. Simon Snow and I. In the same bed. Willingly), he wraps them around the both of us and it's like we're in our own safe little cocoon. As he thinks, his tail whips all around. (Crowley, I love his tail. He figured out how to control it a year ago and now he never stops touching me with it. It's my favorite).

"Well then just read a chapter a day. That won't be too hard, yeah? How many chapters is it?"

I flip through the book quickly before answering, "35. That's about 34 days longer than it usually takes me to read a book..."

He mumbles something incoherently to himself and I only catch the tail end of it. (He almost never realizes that he's talking out loud). "...I can make that work..." Then after a pause, he continues, out loud for me to hear this time. "It's alright, Baz. Just take your time. There's no rush or anything. A chapter a day for 35 days. That way it won't interfere with University." I nod along without really realizing that I'm doing it. 35 days. Easy enough.

Day One

I read the first chapter of the book the next day (I might actually enjoy it), only to discover what Simon did with my book when he borrowed it from me last night. There's a bright yellow sticky note at the very end of that chapter that reads: I'm so lucky to have found you. A grin so large it hurts my cheeks (I'm not used to smiling, but Simon makes my face hurt from it every day) starts taking over my face. Simon Snow, what have you got planned?

Day Two

Another note is at the end of the second chapter, this one even sweeter than the last. To think, we could've been in love all those years...

Day Five

Simon and I don't talk about the notes. He doesn't acknowledge writing them, and I don't acknowledge receiving them- it seems like a secret just for me. But I try to convey the way I feel about them through little things like soft, slow kisses when he doesn't expect them. At the end of the chapter today: You saved me. It's funny how he thinks that I saved him when he saved me every bloody day of my life. And then literally saved me in a halo of fire in the forest.

Day Ten

I'm starting to get really into the book, but I don't want to read more than a chapter a day because I don't want to skip a note. At the end of this one: Every day I fall a little more in love with you. Truth be told, I never took Simon to be such a romantic. But fuck if I'm not swept off my feet by now.

Day Twenty

I promise to love you until my very last breath... and the some. My heart swells with anticipation at the end of each page leading up to the end of the chapter. Truth be told, I'm very much liking this book. I can see why my therapist recommended it to me.

Day Thirty

The notes that he's leaving now are starting to sound like sentences. He'll write a line and end it with a comma, and then the next day the sticky note will begin with 'and', and then finish the sentence. It's quite poetic. Today's not is: Whether it's fighting side by side or just laying down together sleeping,

Day Thirty-One

... there's no one else I'd rather be with.

Day Thirty-Two

I've started going back to earlier sticky notes and writing all of the lines together. It all is starting to sound like one long speech, but I can't tell if it's just because or if it's leading up to something bigger. (Side note: This book is fucking awesome). You are the one.

Day Thirty-Three

The one that I want to adopt pets with, and the one I want to snog until you can't feel anything anymore.

Day Thirty-Four

The one that I want to spend the rest of my life with. Simon has started acting strangely around me. It's getting increasingly harder to not acknowledge the notes when it feels like they're building up to something more.

Day Thirty-Five

For the last thirty-four days, Simon hasn't been around me when I've gotten to the end of the chapters in the book. But today as I near the end, he's sitting across from me on the sofa, writing something out on a bright blue sticky note. When I finally reach the end of the last chapter (it's a bloody brilliant book), I see one last pink sticky note in the back of the book. By now, you've strung everything together, I'm sure. So that just leaves one last thing to do. Baz Pitch... But that's it. That's the end of the sticky note. I shut the book and set it on the table beside me. When I look up at Simon, he's down on one knee with a ring box open in his hand. My breath catches in my throat when I see the sticky note on his forehead.

Will You Marry Me?