I Wanna Hold Your Hand

Otp Prompt #6: Someone has spelled Simon and Baz's hands together, and the spell is broken only if they find some way to forgive each other and get along.

Some wanker thought it would be bloody hilarious if she spelled Baz and I's hands together. Okay not just some wanker. Miss Possibelf; my favorite teacher, of all the people. We were in the Courtyard and Baz had just said something nasty to me about Agatha. I don't remember what he said exactly. I mostly just remember red and feeling all of the magic rise to my skin. The next thing I remember, I had a fistful of Baz's slick hair and I was pounding him senseless. He looked angry... but really he seemed more frightened.

He for certain had a broken nose, but he spelled it better after I was lifted off of him by Miss Possibelf. She gave me a ten minute lecture on control before turning to Baz and telling him that he shouldn't have picked a fight. He rolled his eyes at her (I swear the git is a fool sometimes. Who rolls their eyes at a powerful professor at a magicks school?) and that's when she lost it. She was yelling and a group of students gathered around us to watch the scene unfold.

"Since you two can't seem to keep your hands off each other," she glared at us both while moving us side by side, putting Baz's cold hand in mine. "Then perhaps you'll enjoy this little arrangement for now. I Wanna Hold Your Hand." She pointed her wand at our conjoined hands and I could feel the magic settle in our interlocked fingers. Baz and I both tried to pull away, but we were stuck like that. "Until you two can figure out how to get along, you'll be stuck like this. Could be a bloody eternity." Baz looked at me with rage behind his eyes. We tried to Nonsense it and even Back to Start, but nothing would work.

So now here we are three hours later in our room. Miss Possibelf sent us to our room afterward because we couldn't very well go to both of our classes. She sent up the work we're both missing. We're sitting on Baz's bed which is surprisingly comfortable. It has the strong smell of cedar and bergamot and for some reason, that relaxes me as I try to study. Which, when you're basically glued to your ever plotting enemy, is pretty hard to do. He keeps humming a song I don't recognize and he's writing in his journal. Probably plotting. Meanwhile, I'm trying to read my Magic Words book but my eyes scan the same paragraph over and over without actually soaking anything in. I sigh and close the book, turning to Baz.

"I'm hungry." I complain.

"You're always hungry." He sneers at me, but puts his journal down nonetheless.

"But Baz it's dinnertime. We should go down to the dining hall for food. We can still eat like this, you know." He huffs and tugs me up off the bed and out the door. I smile happily, which is weird to be doing in the presence of Baz.

Some people who weren't around to see the commotion earlier today throw curious looks at Baz and I while we walk down to dinner with our hands laced together. Baz sneers at all of them and they look away. I can't help but blush at the thought of willingly holding Baz's hand. As he drags me along, I pay attention to the way his hand feels in mine. It's colder than a normal person's hand, but it's soft, too. I can feel when his fingers twitch every now and then, and the way his hand tightens around mine whenever someone gets too close. I find myself wanting to rub my thumb around on the back of his hand. It must just be an instinct I have when I hold anyone's hand.

I swear, every person's head turns toward Baz and I when we walk into the dining hall, but I pretend to ignore them. I drag Baz over to where Penny and I sit, and he follows with little protest.

"Umm... hey?" Penny questions me as I pile my plate high with food and hand Baz one, too. For some reason, Penelope just looks more curious than surprised. I wonder why that is.