Is That You?

Otp Prompt #9: Simon is still with Agatha, but he can't help but imagine someone else in her place...

Agatha is sitting in front of the fire, curled up like a kitten. I sit down next to her, taking her hand. She looks at me with her big eyes and tucks a piece of hair behind her ear. I lean forward to kiss her, tangling my hands in her hair. Her mouth fits perfectly against mine as we sit in front of the fire.

Before I know what's happening, she's climbing on top of me, pulling me closer. Her mouth gets colder and her hair gets smoother. For some reason, the kiss feels better than it did just a second ago. But another strange thing; she feels heavier on top of me all of a sudden. Not that I mind- the kiss is much too nice to care. I smile against her lips and lean back to get a good look at her.

Instead of seeing Agatha's blue eyes, I see grey ones. Her hair is shorter (but still long) and it's black now. She's paler. I get a good look at the person in front of me... and find it's not Agatha at all. It's Baz. Instead of jumping back or hitting him, I find myself smiling wider. He looks at me with love in his eyes, and a smile playing on his thin lips. His hair falls in lazy waves over his forehead, and I reach forward to tuck a strand behind his ear, keeping my hand on his cheek.

"I love you, Baz." The words feel oddly familiar coming off my tongue, and I love the way they feel. I feel so much love towards this boy, Agatha long gone from my mind.

"I love you too, Simon Snow." My heart glows as I lean back in to continue the kiss.

I sit bolt upright in bed, sweat covering my back and my heart hammering. I look around and see that I'm no longer in front of a fire, but rather I'm back in my room at Watford. My eyes look around and I see that the lights are on. I see Baz fixing his tie in the mirror. Baz. I can't slow my breathing as I remember my dream. I was kissing Baz. I loved Baz. In fact, once Agatha was gone and I saw Baz sitting in front of me, I only felt more love and affection. What in the bloody hell is going on with me?

"Stare much, Snow?" He sneers at me as he gets his shoes on. I look away, blushing. It was just a dream. A really, really good dream. But still a dream. And I'm with Agatha. Not Baz. I hate Baz. When he leaves the room, I'm finally able to get up, shower and get ready for the day, leaving the dream behind me. I just need to forget it ever happened. In fact, I think I'll hang out with Agatha today. Maybe take her out to the field and watch the goats run around. Yeah. That will be nice.

When I'm down to the dining hall, I notice Baz out of the corner of my eye. It's like he's all I can notice every single day. It's hard for me to ever not be around him, because I just need to know what he's plotting. Some big move against me, I'm sure. In my staring at Baz, I nearly walk straight into a third year. He glares at me, and it gets me back to the real world. My girlfriend and Penny are already at our table, and I see that Agatha has already gotten me a plate of food.

I plop down next to her and kiss her on the cheek. "Thanks, Aggie." She smiles sweetly at me and takes my hand. I squeeze it. Penny just rolls her eyes and crinkles her nose. She's never liked PDA. (I think she's a hypocrite. When Micah was here, they could barely keep their hands off each other). I look over and see that Baz is glaring at us. For some reason, I feel the heat of his glare extra today. I can't help but notice that his eyes are extra light grey today- more of a silver than usual. I rip my eyes off of him and turn back to Agatha, still shoveling food into my mouth. For a second when I look at her, I see grey eyes and fangs and my breath catches. Get out of my head, Baz.

"I was thinking we could go somewhere today?" She nods at me and smiles, but doesn't quite meet my eyes. Instead she looks over at Baz for a fraction of a second before turning back to her breakfast. I tense up immediately. Does she know about my dream? I mean, there's no way. And besides, that's all it was; a dream. It meant nothing. I love Agatha (despite what Penny says) and I hate Baz. (Also despite what Penny says).