Silver or Wedding Bells? (Both?)

COC #30: Christmas Celebration

Simon has some plans in the works for Baz's Christmas gift this year... and it's a big one.

~ This has been the most stressful month or two, but I'm so so glad I did it. I feel I've really improved my writing, and I've loved getting all the comments and feedback on these prompts! So, here's the last one for our boys. And happy holidays/merry Christmas Eve to whomever celebrates it! Enjoy! ~

Baz is staring contentedly out our bedroom window at the freshly falling flakes like he can't take his eyes away. I'm laying in our bed, watching him watch the snow. He sighs and then turns to glance at me. "I love Snow." (He doesn't love the real snow- not really.) He says it every year. I asked him about it once, last year. (You always tell me that the snow can kindly fuck off. What d'you mean you love the snow? He just laughed and said, different kind of snow, you git.) It had me puzzled for a few days before I figured it out. He means he loves me. We're not that good at expressing our feelings- it's his way of telling me he loves me. At least, I think. He never actually confirmed it.

I get up from my place on the bed to go to wrap my arms around him from behind and nuzzle my face into his neck. "Love you, too." I say, but it's muffled by his neck. He chuckles and leans down a bit to rest his chin on my curls.

"What was that, Snow?" I look back up and peck him on the lips.

"Nothing, love." Then I go back to my spot on the bed and keep watching as he looks back out the window. It's Christmas Eve today- we'll be opening presents in only a moment. Right now Penny is celebrating with her mum and dad at their house (and Shepherd), and Baz and I will be celebrating with his family tomorrow. (Penny opened our presents yesterday, and vice versa. She got me baking classes. Now you can bake sour cherry scones on your own she had told me.) But Baz and I decided that we wanted a more private Christmas Eve, with just ourselves in our flat. Crowley am I nervous for present opening. But also bloody well excited.

I got him a jumper, a stuffed vampire, the DVD Frozen 2 (I know he's been wanting to see it for forever, though he'd never admit it), and a... a ring. I've been thinking a bit (although considered to be dangerous- good, this time) and I think... well, I think I'd like to marry Baz. We've been together for five years, even though it feels longer than that. I love him, and he loves me. We've been through everything together, and I just figure, why not make it sealed? The ring is wrapped and under our fake little tree now, waiting to be opened and put on.

"Alright, Snow. How about a cuppa and then we can open presents?" Baz turns to me, and I take a moment to admire the way he looks. He has a bit of stubble on his chin (I would never fucking admit to it, but I quite like it) and his long hair is pulled into a bun. He's right fit, filling his pyjama shirt and sweatpants. (His arse looks nearly as good in trackies as it does in jeans.) Fuck if I don't love him. (It was so hard for me to admit that for a long, long time. Too fucking long. And I don't just mean after Watford. Should've known earlier.)

"Works for me." I haul myself out of bed, jittering the whole way. Baz notices and takes my hand as he makes and pours the tea for us.

"Everything alright, love?" I nod my head and smile like I don't think I'm going to shit out butterflies or knots at any second. He nervously looks at the cups of tea in front of us and then turns back to me.

"Y'know, I could think of some... other ways to warm you up, Snow." I can't help the smirk that creeps across my face. (Crowley it took a long time for us to talk to each other like... this. To do anything like this. All because of my fucking problems, which I still get sometimes.)