"Faith, the guard looks like they have been practically drug through hell," Cabe says, curiously and something inside me receives a sick sense of satisfaction about that.

"Hell would have been easier than my wrath," I say bitterly, and Ion rests his arm against mine. That was very edgy sounding, even for me. 

"I've never seen the General look so broken before," Ion comments glancing at me.

"They trained me well," I say, and my smirk shows slightly.

"You look like death," Ion continues.

"They put me in the hole for a while," I say with a shiver. My hand runs over the needle injections instinctively.

"No," Cabe says shocked and I shrug.

"Somehow through all of the shit they pushed into my system I managed to not blow where you two were," I say casually, and they look at me shocked.

"Okay, well we need to get you back on a normal diet asap," Ion says annoyed.

"Here," Cabe says handing me another protein bar, I just give him a confused look.

"You need it more than I do," he says, and I can see the concern in his eyes, but it doesn't mask the exhaustion.

"Believe it or not, I am full from the last bar," I say sheepishly and both boys like at me alarmed.

"You need to be in one of those ambulances," Ion says.

"We all are going to end up in one, we have to supervise the kids here," I say and they both roll their eyes.

"Do you think they will behave even through your command?" Cabe asks me and I shrug.

"Only one way to find out," I say, and the police force puts the last guard in the squad cars.

About fifteen ambulances pull up and join the five that are already here. With one hundred and eleven of us, it would still be a squeeze, in the distance I hear a few more coming, but no more than three. They probably have over half the ambulances that are in the area here right now.

"Should we start releasing the kids from their cells?" Ion asks me and my stomach churns.

"This could get ugly if they have enough will power to disobey me," I say uncomfortable.

My words are not law because the mind is a flexible and powerful thing. Most of the world's population would never be able to disobey an order from me or even begin to try and resist my commands. But the group of kids here, it wouldn't shock me if they could. They have all been trained to endure some of the worst things humanly possible, my words could easily be disregarded by them.

"We need to get them out of here Faith, a lot of them are in really bad shape," Ion says.

The police chief walks over to us and we discuss the best plan of action, and we agree to release the kids one cell block at a time and load each ambulance one at a time. Unfortunately, there would be twenty-three ambulances, and only three of us, granted Orion could bounce between a few, but teleporting from a moving vehicle to another moving vehicle with such tight space would be too dangerous.

Walking into the cell block, I try to reassure the first group of kids and I can tell they don't trust me, and they are confused to see Breach and Omni here with me. We all talk to them for a while and explain to them what is going to happen next and slowly but surely, they start to warm up to the idea. We release them from their cell and walk them out to the ambulance and I can tell they are all tense.

"Please... I know you guys don't like me, but I have been planning this since the day I escaped... don't lash out at anyone," I say and the emotions in my voice startle me.

"As long as nobody tries to inject us with anything we'll behave," the one girl who lost her temper with me in the lunchroom says.

"They will only be taking your vitals and testing your reflexes," I say making eye contact with the EMTs.

"Yes," the one says nodding.

We load up the first six ambulances and Cabe goes with the first set and then Ion and I go back and repeat the process for the second and third cell blocks and I finally hop into an ambulance with the third set of kids, most of them are the youngest in the camp. As far as I can tell the youngest kid is about eight years old and very scared. I hold her hand the whole way there and am thankful when I see the other kids starting to unload from previous ambulances.

Slowly but surely all of the kids are checked into rooms, there are multiple kids in a room, and it takes me a while to orient where everyone is, but once I do, I start making my way from room to room checking everyone. Most of them are being fed right now so everything is calm, and I take a moment to sit down on the floor and relax my exhausted body.

"Is she asleep?" Cabe's tentative voice asks.

"No, she's just exhausted," Ion says sitting down beside me.

Cabe takes a seat on the other side of the hallway to give me some space, and I am surprised by how conscious he has become of how uncomfortable he makes me. It's amazing how it also seems like a switch was flipped in him as soon as he realized that Metac couldn't touch him anymore, and as far as I am concerned Metac will never touch any of us again, over my dead body.