"Selena, let me explain."

"There is nothing to explain, Justin! Amy told me how she overheard you and Adam talking about how fun it'd be to stare at some girls' asses as they played volleyball because of what we wear!"

I made a 'pfft' sound and shook my head. "I barely even said that. Adam asked why I was going to the game and I said it's because I realized what the girls wore." I shrugged as if it wasn't that bad.

Selena stared blankly at me. "Creep."

"Selena please, I know I messed up and it sets us back from the project, but we still have time to add in hours and more time to hang out, okay?"

"Volleyball was a chance for you to see what I like to do just like how I watched you play field hockey."

"There will be other games, Selena." I reminded and she crossed her arms, twisting her lips.

"Fine, whatever."

"Do you still want to come over?" I asked.

"Your father still out of town?"

"Yeah; he'll be gone for another two weeks at least."

"Wow? Why so long?"

"Business got extended." I said and began walking to my car with Selena beside me.

"Where did he go again?"

"Somewhere in Europe." I shrugged. "I don't know, he's quiet when it comes to his work and where he's going unless it involves me going with him."

"You sure he isn't having an affair?" Selena joked once we got to the car.

I unlocked the doors and we both got in, putting our seatbelts on. After I started the car I said, "I wouldn't be surprised, but that would be messed up."

I drove to my house, neither Selena nor I making conversation; just enjoying the silence. Ever since Friday after my game, we've been spending a lot of time together—friendly time together. Selena did end up sleeping in our guest room that night and had breakfast with us the following morning but went home and didn't come back until Monday after practice.

I noticed she hasn't invited me to her house yet, and I'm wondering if it's due to me being a guy and wondering if her parents will freak out although us hanging out was for a practice. Then another part of me wondered if she came from an abusive home. I took a quick glance at her, but I couldn't visibly see any signs of her coming from one. She was quiet, but she still mingled and had friends.

"What are you thinking about?" Selena asked once we pulled into my driveway.

"Not much." I shrugged.

"Your facial expressions say otherwise." She laughed and got out the car with me following behind her to my front door.

"By the way, my mom and my sister went to a family friend's house for the evening and Jaxon is hanging out with his buddy."

"Still not sleeping with you, Justin."

We walked up to my room and she took her usually seat on a bean bag chair I had in my room and I sat on my bed.

"You should shower; you've been in your own sweat since you got out of practice." Selena mentioned.

"Oh right." I nodded.

"I'll order us some pizza." Selena suggested and I agreed. I went to my wallet and pulled out my card to hand to her, but she declined. "I can afford us pizza, Justin."

"You're at my house therefore I will feed you." I emphasized and handed her my card once again and she took it. "When you finally invite me to your house, then you can buy me pizza."

My shower didn't last too long and when I walked back into my room, Selena wasn't there but I could here her talking to someone downstairs, me thinking it was the pizza guy. However, I got to the second to last step and heard Selena wasn't talking to the pizza man but someone on her cellphone.

"Jared, you have no right to call me after how you treated me. When I say I'm over and done with you, I mean it okay? Why didn't you understand that when I told you back in Florida?"

Selena was quiet for a minute, probably due to the other person talking on the phone, "if you wanted me so badly then why did you treat me like complete shit until I moved away, huh? You're the reason Alyssa and I are no longer friends!" Selena's anger was rising but before she could continue the argument the doorbell rang.

"I have to go." She hung up the phone and placed it in her back pocket. This time she was talking to the pizza guy and took the 4 boxes of food and a 2 liter of soda. "Thank you," she politely smiled.

I walked down the stairs casually as if I wasn't just spying on her. "Wow that's a lot of food," I whistled.

"I ordered us a large pepperoni pizza, bread sticks, cinnamon rolls and a giant cookie." Selena said with a smile.

"Who's gonna eat all that?" I joked.

"If you don't, I will."