30

Taehyung lifts the last cardboard box out of his trunk and carries it into the building. He's moving into his dorm at Duke.

His roommate hasn't arrived yet so he has the dorm to himself. After setting everything up and getting rid of the boxes, he pulls his phone out of his pocket.

Calling Jimin...

"Hey!"

"Hey Jimin. How's Kook?"

"He's right next to me. He's been better..."

"What do you mean?"

"There's this dude in California that flirts with me more than you ever did and Kook got mad at him for it so he hit him in the head with his skateboard. He has a concussion."

"I hope he feels better."

"He's getting through it with pain pills and coffee. How are you? Why are you calling?"

"I missed my best friend. I just moved into my new dorm."

"How is it?"

"Small, but my parents said I had to live in a dorm. I don't know why."

"I hope your roommate is cool."

"I just hope they aren't an asshole. I don't want them stealing my brand."

Jimin giggles. "Do you want to talk to Kook?"

"Sure."

There's the sound of shuffling. "Hey."

"How's your head?"

"It hurts."

"That's what I thought. Tell me about this dude that's flirting with Jimin and give me his address. I'll beat his ass."

"You don't need to. Jimin already did. Whacked his head with a skateboard."

"Jimin did that?"

"Yeah. He got super mad. Also, this dude named San just punched the guy. He just found out that he fucked his crush when his crush was wasted."

"Ew. I hate him. So, I was thinking... Since it's still Summer and there's a month until school starts, I want to fly over to California and visit you guys."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Don't tell Jimin. I want it to be a surprise."

"Okay."

"I'll probably hop on a plane tomorrow or something. It would give me more time to stay in Cali with you guys."

"Sounds fun. Text me about it later."

"Okay. Oh, my roommate's here. I should go."

"Okay. Bye."

call ended.

-