Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

By morning everyone knew about Ron and how he used the Cruciatus curse. They knew he did it because he still loved Hermione. It was tragic about how he still kept pining over her after they broke up. It was obvious to everyone that Ron loved Hermione, even through all of his cover up relationships. All that she knew would become of him now is that he would go and stand trial, not being able to get the Auror position he was offered after the war.

            All of the students stared at Hermione as she went from class to class to take her final exams. She kept hearing them whisper ‘Draco’ and ‘Hermione’ and ‘together’. Her mind was utterly frustrated with people talking about what was none of their business.

            Hermione walked into her last lesson before dinner and ran into Draco on the steps.

            “Oh, uh…” She started to walk around him but then the stairs started to change. They both held onto the railings and waited for them to stop moving. Both Draco and Hermione walked up the steps together. They were near the third floor corridor.

            “Do you want to talk?” Draco asked her, opening up the door beside them. She reluctantly walked in and Draco followed behind her, shutting the door. “So…” The flames in the pillars turned on and gave them light.

            “Draco I don’t know what you have to say to me. We’ve already been through this whole we like each other but we don’t phase. I—I don’t know what you want from me!” Malfoy without a moment’s hesitation stepped forward and kissed her. He kissed her passionately, in fact. She closed her eyes and savored the moment, but then it was gone.

            “Hermione, my birthday is in a month, and I knew I wanted to do that one last time.” She looked at him. He looked down at her small hands and grabbed them with his pale ones.

            “Draco, you know that I want this to work out. I’m just waiting for you to decide,” Hermione said to him. He looked away from her. “What is it?”

            “I’ve decided,” he said softly. “I’m not good enough from you. Potter nor Weasley like it. Everyone’s talking about it, and I’d just be holding you back from reaching your full potential. Goodbye, Hermione.” Draco dropped Hermione’s hands and left, leaving Hermione in the third floor corridor.

***

I want to apologize for taking forever to get this chapter done, and I feel really bad about it. I've been crushed with school work and final exams and all of that and feel terrible about the quality of this chapter. The next one will be better since the ending is near!

I've decided to have most of the ending of the story within the next 2-3 chapters, so the chapters will be extra long.

Have a good holiday!

~Kameron