Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Once Hermione was well enough to be released from the hospital wing, the first thing she did was search for Draco. She looked in the library, she looked in the Great Hall, and she even got a sneak peek into his common room. He was nowhere to be found. Then she remembered….

            Hermione ran straight towards the wall.

            I need to find Draco, she thought. The wall started to turn into a giant door, and she slowed once she got near it. Making sure that no other students were walking down the same corridor—or teachers—she entered the room and found Draco sitting on the floor in front of the fire place. His back was turned to her and she was standing in his casted shadow.

            He started to stand up, his hand going into one of his pockets. Draco pulled out his wand and then rolled up his sleeve. He looked down at it. The Dark Mark. Hermione walked towards him just as the tip of his wand touched the mark. She rested her hand on his shoulder and he turned around. Once he saw who it was, he dropped his wand.

            “Hermione,” he said, hugging her and gripping tight.

            “It still hurts, Draco,” she replied. Draco loosened his grip. “We need to talk.” His face seemed bright just the moment before but now it seemed dark. “I heard you in the hospital wing.” He turned away from her, refusing to look her directly in the eye.

            “And what?” he scoffed. “Come to prove me right? Give my mother the satisfaction? My father?” Hermione was hurt.

            “No,” she told him. “That’s actually not what I came to say. I came to say that…” Next he turned around and looked at her. Her words were caught in her throat. She didn’t know how to say it. Instead, she inched closer to him.

            “Aren’t you going to say it?” Draco said. Hermione shook her head and she put her arms around Draco’s neck. Then, she had her lips directly in front of his. She felt her breath washing over her face and him the same. Hermione went up on her tip-toes and pulled Draco’s face to hers. She touched his lips slightly, and then four words slipped out of her mouth.

            “I love you, too.” Draco’s arms wrapped around Hermione’s torso and her grip became tighter on his neck.

            “I missed you,” he said.

Hermione laughed. “I never left.”

***

Okay so I'm really sorry that I haven't updated in a while. I'm on vacation in the sticks pretty much and there's not a lot of internet access and if you do have it it's really slow. I'm also sorry for the short chapter and I'll try to make the next one longer.

Thanks,

Kameron