"Oh, you little-! Knock it off!" I snarled, throwing my hard pillow at the stupid beast but it didn't look away from her. "I said, KNOCK IT OFF!" I growled with a glare, all I wanted was sleep, was that too much to ask for? 

        The dragon gave a soft and similar growl before turning and crawling back into bed, slamming its unnecessarily spiked tail into my desk. Breaking it. Oh, I swear...! The bloody thing was getting worse by the day, my baby was no longer the adorable little thing that listened without a word and now it was practically rebelling.

        Sighing I rubbed my face and turned my glare to the woman that was making my problem of a child so moody. "It's Sunday, why are you here?" I moaned falling back to lean against the thing too big for my broken bed. Which it broke. By being too big. 

          Her eyes didn't look away from the dragon who was glad to stare back, more than glad actually as it curled its lips back to reveal its teeth which it seemed to still have. "What in the seven circles is a dragon doing in your room?"

         Did she not know? I thought everyone knew at this point. I mean, I wasn't exactly hiding it.

        "I made it," I deadpanned with a flat look, throwing my arm over the neck of the beast, who put away a few of its spikes at the affection. Only those that I would touch though. Because this was a person. And persons are bad. I- stars, I need to go back to bed.

            "You made it?" She repeated with a twitch of the brow and narrowed eyes. She was staring at me like I was some liar. I mean, I am, but not at this moment. 

            "I'm a... Whatever you call it," I waved with an eye roll, burrowing my back against the dragon in an attempt to get comfortable. A wing in the way of my comfort. Glancing back while she did a whole lot of different facial expressions I took hold of said wing and pried it off my bed. It, as well as the other, fell off without a word and shattered on my floor.

          Glass... Everywhere... I... Whatever.

           "A whatever you call it?" Why are you still here?

           "Oh, what the blazen, my magic's animans, I make living things- no, nah nah nah, get out of my room I don't have to explain things to you. It's Sunday," I shot rolling into my dragon, the silence that followed made me think she left but just as I was drifting back off the illusion was shattered by someone I equally did not want to deal with. The one Sunday I had gotten off. The one damn day and they all want to show up? I worked hard to avoid recovery classes all week, for what? This?

           "Why are you in her room?" Did the most bothersome people have a meeting and decide to come to my room and destroy my dreams? Literally. "Lilith, why do you have so much glass... Everywhere?" This time, with a very heavy sigh, I sat up and paid actual attention to my room.

           Okay, so, yeah, I did have a lot of glass in my room and it may have been quite literally everywhere but... Ugh, who gives a shit? It's glass. It happens. Screw off. Makes me happy I asked my dad for that spacial trunk, I do not want to know what my books would look like had they suffered such a thing.

            "Happens," I said flatly, rubbing my face again but this time with both hands before I forced myself out of bed. And right onto some broken glass. With a sharp intake, I was sitting back down and held my foot. They opened their mouths to say something, probably stupid, but I put my hand up. Ripping out the glass I just tossed it to the side in irritation. A mocking rumble ran through the still weaponized beast while I glanced back at it. 

            "You too, shut it," With that, I snapped my fingers and sent it off to the forest. With a long groan, sleep no longer a thing I'd be capable of, I ruffled what little hair I had left and got back to my feet. "What are either of you doing here? A day off means sleep, sleep I want, sleep I need, so, talk fast or get out of my fucking room," 

          "Wow, you sure are a dick when you're half asleep, talk about character inconsistency." Suddenly, the glass on my walls grew very long and very sharp in a matter of seconds while I just stared at her in a way that made sure she knew that I did not appreciate her breathing. "Well... Maybe not,"

          Before I could start something I knew I would both not be able to finish and fully regret the fire elite opened his mouth, "I had thought I was being considerate of your sleep, it is four in the afternoon, I didn't think anyone would still be asleep at this time," Yeah, well, eat my shoe asshat, "I came to collect the promised potions," He cleared his throat of his condescending words upon the look that did not waver on my face.

          Did I do something like that? Would I really really promise this potato sack something? 

          "Potions? Oh, sweet sugarplum," I whined putting my face in my hands, the memory of the heavily encouraged and mildly threatening request for military-grade potions after my 'go screw yourself' answer when asked for the recipe briefly coming to mind. Good way to make coin. Bad way to make sleep- you know what. Whatever.

          "Which one was it?" I asked scratching the rats' net on my head while I grabbed my bag. Carefully, as I did not want to step on more glass. I was already bleeding everywhere as is.

            "Which? Are you telling me you've made a new one?" Bite your tongue you bitch, value your life, I swear.

            "No, Sparky, I'm asking which order." What did I just say? Insulting an elite is not how you value your life. That's how you get killed. That is not the goal here. Mr. God complex was especially sensitive so at least pick the right one. Eh... I mean, if it really comes down to it, you do have more social standing so it's not like it really matters. 

          While I was rationalizing myself within I held his gaze for a long while, him trying to tell if I really did make one, me bluffing the fact I did not. He did not need to know. No one needs to know until I decided it was safe and past testing. Until then, everyone can screw off.

             "... Thirty mediums," He grunted, backing off faster than I thought he would, while I stuck my arm into the bag looking for the case. Having found it I pulled it free and without a single care in the world, tossed it at him. He stumbled to catch it with wide eyes, my damns all having flown away as sleep was still very interesting, "Are you insane?!"

             "Probably, now give me my gold and go away," I said with a tight smile, rolling my wrist and leaning against my recently broken desk, my foot really hurting. He tossed the coin purse just as carelessly and stomped off like a child, rolling my eyes I opened it and looked through it lazily. My eyes falling on the silent woman a moment later causing me to jump upon remembering her existence. "Why are you here?"

              "What was that?" Don't go dodging my question with a question, that's not how this works.

             "Which part? Him trying oh so desperately to be considered or buying potions off a student?" Don't answer the question used to dodge your own! Grumbling I rubbed my temples as they pounded and I sat on my bed, not having too much feeling in my fingers.

           "The deal! I couldn't care less about the douche canoe playing polite. Okay, that's not quite right but answer the first one first,"

              "Uuugggghhh, fine, whatever, the council buys potions off me and he's attempting, poorly, to be nice because I can raise my rates at any time which would be the worst for them because they have absolutely no chance at making them without me. Trust me. They've tried," We stared at each other in silence for a moment while she still did not leave. "Okay, seriously, why are you here? You're like thirty and pretending we're bff's despite breaking my bones daily,"

         "Okay, first, I'm never coming in here again without a black slush, second, I'm twenty-eight, third, I figured you could use some extra training, and finally, I will be breaking both your legs tomorrow,"

           "... Can you take me to the healer before doing that?" I asked with a sigh, not giving a shit at this point. I was getting dizzy and I can't feel my foot other than 'hot' so I'm taking that as a bad sign. "I've got dots in my vision and, as I've learned, that's not good,"

           "Oh my stars, you are really a freak and a half aren't you? Come here, I'll take you to fix your foot and maybe even whatever is going on in that head of yours,"

           "Don't get your hopes up, James has tried that one before. Many times as I'm told,"