Happy Birthday Part 1

PARTY TIME! XD

Taylor

The months flew by and in no time it was October, more specifically the month of my 17th birthday. I planned the whole thing myself and my mom executed everything, and it looked better than I imagined. My uncle threw in his two cents and arranged for my party to be in this huge mansion. He spoils me worse than my dad. The whole setting was supposed to be dramatic and elegant. There colored lights everywhere, Couches, curtains, a whole area especially for food almost like a restaurant. There were to side rooms off the main living room. One for the adults and one for the kids. My uncle, even though I'd like to do it myself, hired a DJ. Something about how I won't be enjoying my party the right way if I was standing behind a table the whole night. Whatever.

A couple weeks ago, me and my besties went shopping for what we were going to wear to the party. Brittany, Angela , and Mykah Lenae. We met at the boarding school. We were the only ones from California. The recruiters seated us in the train together. We talked all the way to school and even ended up sharing a room.

Since then day, we've been as close as ever. They were the ones that made me feel better after I woke up on morning crying about missing Jacob.

I woke up on the morning of my birthday in a very cheerful mode. I had a few things to do today before the party. I had to go to the nail salon, then the hair salon, and take my little brother and sisters trick or treating before the party. I promised them that if they didn't get all the candy they wanted, they could get some more when we get there.

It was kind of early, so I guessed I was the only one up. I went into the bathroom brushed my teeth and showered, fixed my hair into a ponytail and got dressed. Back in my room, I walked over to my desk and turned on my laptop. I went onto my Facebook and my notification box was blowing up. All of friends from school, my family, and some other people I knew from working wrote on my wall. I was happy so many people cared. I replied to all of them, telling them thank you and that I'd see them tonight. Right when I finished replying to the last one, my Skype started going off.

It said - Incoming Call from : MBPrincetonMisfit

I hit accept and waited for him to pop up on the screen. A minute later, there he was and he looked like he was still sleeping. By the looks of it, he was still in bed.

"Hey birthday girl" he said

"Hey. Are you even awake yet?" I said giggling. His bedhead was ridiculous. But he still looked cute.

"Sort of" he said yawning

"What are you doing up so early?"

"I wanted to talk to you" he said simply

"How do you plan on doing that when you look like you're going fall out any second?"

"It'll pass"

"So, since you wanted talk...is there something you wanted?"

"Not really. I haven't seen you in a while that's all"

"You make it seem like we haven't talked in ages"

"It feels like it"

"We were on the phone for three straight hours a week ago!"

"Exactly, a week ago. That's a long time"

"Well, I'm not the one getting ready to go on a nationwide tour"

"True, but that's not really important right now. Are you excited for tonight?"

"Yeah, it's going to be so much fun. Wait until you see the place, it looks awesome"

"What time should me and the guys get there?"

I thought for a minute. "Um probably around 8. Yeah, 8 o' clock is good"

"Okay"

Then there was a silence. It wasn't awkward though.

Jacob broke the silence. "Jade..."

Princeton

"Jade..." I started but couldn't finish

I looked at her and she had a small smile on her face.

"What?" I asked her

"Nothing. It's just that no one had called me that in a long time"

"How could I forget? I was the one who started it"

"I remember. Hey what were you about to say earlier?"

"Oh, right...uh I think I'll just wait til tonight to talk"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'll see you later"

"Oh Jacob?"

"Yeah?"

"Make sure you do something with your hair, it's looking crazy"

"Well I got right up to talk to you so..."

"Just make yourself presentable please"

"That won't be hard. I mean look at me"

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever Princeton"

Ever since she came back, whenever she was annoyed, mad, or just wanted to get on my nerves, she called me Princeton. Between us I was always going to be Jacob.

"Look, I'll see you later. Bye birthday girl"

"Bye" she sing songed

The chat disconnected. I leaned back onto my headboard and sighed. I want to tell her how I feel, but I'm just to worried about how she'll react.