Why?

Jacob

There was a break in the tour so we decided to stay in New York. That made us all happy but it wasn’t enough for me.

It’s been two weeks. She still hasn’t said anything to me.

It’s been driving me insane and I’ve had enough. It was early in the morning but I didn’t care. I texted Taylor while I walked to her room.

WE NEED TO TALK NOW. I DON’T CARE WHAT TIME IT IS. JUST OPEN THE DOOR TAYLOR. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT’S GOING ON.

I made it to her room and knocked. I wasn’t leaving. I knocked a couple more times. Soon I heard footsteps coming to the door. She cracked the door but I could barely see her, I guess she had the curtains closed.

“Open the door, please”

It opened the rest of the way and the light from the hallway let me see her slightly.

I saw her feet disappear and I walked in after her, shutting the door behind me. I went straight over to the window and pulled the curtains apart letting the light in.

I turned around and saw her sitting on the edge of the bed with her knees up to her chest. Her eyes were red and swollen. Her face was flushed. How long had she been crying?

I wasn’t sure if she was glaring at me or not.

“Why aren’t you talking to me?”

She didn’t say anything.

“What? Is this about the twitter thing?”

Now she looked away from me.

“Talk to me, please. What’s wrong? It wasn’t that bad”

If she wasn’t glaring at me before, she is now. This was one of those “if looks could kill” moments.

“Not that bad?! You don’t how bad it is!” She got up and went over to the desk and turned on her laptop.

“Look. You guys may have tried to do some type of damage control, but it didn’t do anything. They continuously attack me on twitter, they found out my email and keep blowing up my inbox. I can’t even use my phone without it ringing every 5 seconds. I had to turn it off. And to top it all off? I haven’t slept in days”

I looked at the screen and I could see the tweets coming in like clockwork.

“Okay, well I was wrong about that. But I still don’t understand why you won’t talk to me”

“All of this. You. I can’t handle all of that anger being thrown on me and.......”

“And what?”

“I just don’t know what to think. I’m tired of thinking. I didn’t know what to do with myself”

“And you couldn’t talk to me about this?”

“Yes....No....I don’t know. I didn’t want to talk about it at all, I just wanted it to disappear” she said and started crying.

I grabbed her hand and guided her over to the bed and got her to sit. I crouched down in front of her.

“Taylor, there’s something you’re not telling me”

“You wouldn’t understand” she choked out.

“Then help me understand”

“No..I can’t”

“Yes you can. You know you can tell me anything”

She flew up from the bed and started pacing.

“Whatever it is, I know it -”

“I LOVE YOU OKAY?! I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU! SINCE I WAS 9 I HAD A CRUSH ON YOU AND IT’S BEEN DRIVING ME INSANE FOR YEARS! I NEVER WANTED TO SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE I DIDN’T WANT TO LOSE YOU. AND NOW WITH ALL OF THIS SHIT, I JUST CAN’T  DEAL WITH IT! I AVOIDED YOU BECAUSE IF THAT’S THE REACTION THOSE PEOPLE HAVE IF THEY THINK I’M YOUR GIRLFRIEND, WHAT WOULD IT BE LIKE IF I ACTUALLY WAS?!”