(5)

Darcy's POV

For a moment, waking up feels as though she may be in heaven. The bed softer than any she had been on before. The scent filling her nose pure bliss. Upon opening her eyes, she finds herself in Jace's room. It had been cleaned since she last stepped foot in it. The big king size bed holding her alone, Jace not anywhere in the room. Her duffel bag sat on the edge of the bed and she assumes that means they were to be sharing a room. She isn't so sure if she can get behind that.

Sunlight shimmers in, falling onto her body, still clothed in yesterday's outfit. She pulls apart her duffel bag, getting herself new clothes and finding the adjoined washroom where she struggles to learn the shower. It's one of those super fancy showers, glass walls surrounding it, and she shivers under cold water for a little before she figures out how to make it warm.

It's also a moment before she finds the towels too. She dresses in rather comfortable clothes before slowly making her way out of Jace's bedroom. Darcy can hear him in the house, thanks to the enhanced werewolf hearing, and with a glance at the time in the kitchen, she's a little surprised by it. Didn't he have some sort of... Alpha duties to attend to? She opens the fridge to search for some breakfast.

"Making yourself right at home," Jace muses behind her. Darcy closes the fridge to look at him. "Glad to see you're finally awake."

"Don't you have alpha duties or whatever?" Darcy crosses her arms, staring him down.

"I can accomplish those in my office. I came to see if you needed help with breakfast."

"Well then, please do make me something."

"I'm not your maid."

"I said please."

Jace narrows his eyes before walking away. Darcy sticks a tongue out at his retreating figure, hearing him return to his office. She turns back to the fridge and fishes out the milk. A gross kind of healthy cereal is all she can find for cereal. Well, no way is she eating that. After a moment of searching, she finds bagels. She puts it in the toaster and sits up on the counter, waiting impatiently. She needed to charge her phone, it'd give her something to do.

Her head pops up when she hears the front door open. The beta walks past the kitchen, heading upstairs... Oh, oh now eavesdropping sounds fun. The bagel pops up and Darcy slathers butter all over it. She makes her way upstairs on silently trained feet. Taking a bite of her bagel to chew as she crouches before the office door.

"-step up training for everyone. Give the women chances to fight the men, if they care to." Jace is speaking in a no-nonsense kind of voice.

"What are we putting the new ages at?" Garrett... Ann said it was Garrett right? Or, maybe it was Jarrett. Darcy's mind pulls back to the situation when Jace answers.

"Ten to fourteen as the kids section. Fifteen to forty-five is mandatory training."

Darcy purses her lips. She's nineteen, didn't that technically mean training is mandatory for her too? An excited smile plays at her lips. She hadn't trained with another wolf in years.

"New training times?" Garrett or Jarrett, whatever, beta, continues asking.

"Eleven to twelve, Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's for the lot of them. We'll place the male's on Tuesday and the females on Thursday, give them afternoons... One to two." Female only training? That sounded delightful too. Today. Today is Wednesday. It is early, who's to say the training won't start today... Gathering the little she had from Jace and the beta, she figures it would be starting today.

"I'll tell everyone to get ready," the beta says, feet start towards the door, but Darcy disappears long before it opens. She's in Jace's room, searching through her bag. Smiling as she pulls clothes to change into. Workout clothes. Darcy works through the bagel while changing, making her life more difficult than needed. For a moment, she realizes that now would also be the perfect time to escape. To run as fast and far as she could away from here. Her eyes find the stuffed bear in the unmade bed. She could take it and run, never looking back. Rejecting Jace, this life...