(3)

The light is what wakes her up, as always. Not that she can tell if it's artificial or not at first. Darcy's muscles protest at her first movements and a groan escapes her lips as an 'oh shit, oh fuck, oh shit fuck' choruses through her head when she is reminded of the previous events.

She allows herself to focus as her eyes scan the room. A... hospital room. The pack hospital? A loose curl falls into her face as she begins to push herself up, her muscles screaming. She really had overexerted herself. The floor is cool against her feet, her boots had been taken off and were sitting on the floor by the bed. The pristine whiteness of the place begins to give Darcy a headache as she laces up her combat boots back onto her feet. Other than the boots and now loose hair, she hadn't really been meddled with. Her own clothes remained on her and no wires or tubes were attached. So... Maybe this was just a place to rest?

As soon as Darcy makes to leave the room, opening the door, a woman walking down the hall interrupts her.

"Luna," she exclaims happily. "Wonderful to see you're awake. But please get back into bed, you need some water at least. Your body is exhausted."

Darcy blinks a few times. Luna? What is this dumbass wolf going off about? Come to think of it, the beta had called her that too. How strange. Then it dawns on her that the woman was almost pushing her with gentle hands back towards the bed, earning the crazy woman a growl from Darcy. No one tells her what to do, nor will she stay cooped up in this room of... Moon Goddess knows where! The same pack she infiltrated?

The woman appears somewhat taken aback and Darcy pushes past her. The hall is short, only a few rooms before leading into a small lobby and then outside. Like a hospital inside a doctors office. The glass door snaps open with a rough push from Darcy only for her whirling brain to stop as she feels as though she's walked straight into a wall.

A quick shake of her head to gather her thoughts and a rub on the place on her face she'd hit, she looks to the perpetrator. At first, she's staring at a man's chest before her gaze rises to the Alpha's rather emotionless face looking back at her.

"You should be resting." He says pointedly.

"I'm awake now, I think that means I'm done resting," Darcy places her hands on her hips, glaring at him. "I'm just gonna grab my car and go if you're not gonna kill me. I kinda have a reputation to uphold."

"Sassy," a female voice giggles from behind the Alpha. "I like her."

"You need to go back to bed." The big dumb Alpha says curtly.

"You-" Darcy jabs a finger at the alpha's chest. "-don't tell me what to do. I don't take orders from anyone, let alone from some fucking stuck up asshole alpha."

"We need soap for that mouth," The Alpha speaks dryly, taking Darcy's cheeks in a hand and looking over her. He is careful however that his grip is gentle. A strange current washes between them as they touch skin to skin, almost electrical like it wanted to spark. It makes it somehow more difficult for Darcy to want to pull away.

However, it's after she pulls away that it all starts to click. Panic starts to settle into her bones... The mouth watering scent, being called Luna, the electricity... "I'm mated to an Alpha!?"

Her voice comes out small, almost scared. Shock rippling through her. There is no way... There is simply no way. She blinks at him, like she had at the woman in the building. Of course this is her luck.

"Moon Goddess, why do you test me like this?" Darcy groans. "What did I ever do to you?"

"You are not happy with me?" The alpha looks down at her, a look of pain flashing across his face.