(2)

Morning sun flickers through the window, casting light into Darcy's face. Her brows scrunch together as she covers her face with a hand, rolling to her back with a soft groan. Mornings. Well she's up now. Darcy sighs in annoyance with the sun and throws the covers off her. She stretches and pushes herself up to start her day.

Putting on music relaxes her from the morning stiffness. She goes through the regular routine morning brings with an extra few ounces of excitement flowing through her bones. Darcy feels like she could burst, her body tingling. It's the anticipation of what's to come. The feeling comparable to someone going to their birthday party... No, more than that. Like someone who is doing parkour pulling off their best stunts. A buzzing. A race of emotion that lit fireworks in your brain. That's how she feels.

Darcy smiles at herself in the mirror as she starts to do up her face. Another skill that time perfected, makeup. There is always room for improvement, but Darcy had been doing her own makeup with only YouTube as a teacher for years. She gives her reflection a satisfying wink when she finishes.

"Positive thoughts Darcy," she stretches out again, listening to her back pop. "They hide the negative ones." As many struggle with things, so did she. And as excited as she is for today, Darcy also feels the nerves. Just like that person doing parkour pulling off their best stunts. Those were dangerous stunts, just like today's stunt was for her. The strongest pack, and maybe the meanest alpha... Meanest feels like a childish word. But the alpha... She truly did not want to have an encounter with him.

She decides to tackle her curls into a ponytail to keep it out of her face for her little raid. With one last look in the mirror to tell herself she's a bad bitch and walks from her apartment.

Her car, her beautiful baby that she bought off Facebook. A dulling red beetle. It was what she could afford and she loves it. The car isn't quite falling apart, but it's definitely getting there. The beginning of rust is starting to creep in despite her convincing herself it wasn't.

She throws in the belongings she needs for the trip into the passenger seat before adjusting her mirror and heading off to the one and only Blood Moon pack that bordered the states. This particular pack really only a couple hours away from where she currently resided.

Her mind soars over her knowledge of the pack as she goes. These wolves were trained to kill, that she had no doubt about. Now there isn't any fun without a little danger, but these wolves were an extra ounce of dangerous. They wouldn't be anything compared to her own skill, but that didn't mean she couldn't keep an eye out. Who knows how they're trained there, there isn't any sort of research she could do to check that. She wouldn't know their true strength until she was there, really being a part of it.

The car speakers bounce with the sheer volume the music is on, a smile on Darcy's face. This is what it means to be living. No real worries, just a hobby and a couple jobs that she survived and doing all the things she loves. She worked so hard to get to where she is now and she knew she deserves it.

Once Darcy arrives at the border she takes a deep breath. This is it. Her mind wavers on the possibilities. Doing this could really mean death... Ah, what's life without the adventure. She rolls the windows down and presses her foot to the gas, heading along the roads that would take her to the alpha's house. That part she was able to Google maps.

When she pulls up at the mansion, the excitement is almost overbearing. She stops her little beetle outside the house at the end of a long laneway. The air doesn't reveal any scents of the pack wolves to stop her, nor does she hear anything. Well then, it would appear it's time for chaos.

Darcy smashes the front door all too easily, kicking off the handle and walking in. Where to start... Where to start... The adrenaline pumps through her body with the aid of her racing heart. But something else makes her head spin, something other than the adrenaline or excitement. Darcy can't put her finger on what it is so she starts up the stairs, going straight to his room.