𝐈𝐈𝐈. Chapter 73: "Where is she?!"

WAKANDA

"Are you okay?"Wanda questions to Sarah and Vision, "I felt your pain," more towards Sarah this time.

"Yeah, I'm healing,"

Wanda puts her hand on Vision's shoulder as he writhes in pain gripping the stone, "What? What is it?" Wanda asks.

"Can't you feel it, Wanda?" Sarah questions.

Wanda looks up, "He's here," she responds.

The wind slowly began to pick up and an eerie silence settled over the forest. It made everyone's skin crawl, "What the h*ll?" Questions Natasha

"Everyone, on my position. We have incoming," Steve said to everyone that's on comns.

A cluster of blue and grey clouds opened up and Thanos steps through, "Cap. That's him." Bruce warns.

Wanda, Vision, and Sarah turn towards Thanos. Wanda already having a ball of energy in her palms.

"I guess teleporting you out of here is out of the question," Sarah mumbles.

"Wherever you take me, he will be drawn to the stone. I don't want you risking your life for mine,"

"Vision," Sarah says sadly.

"Eyes up. Stay sharp," Steve's voice comes over comms

Bruce lunges forward with a raised fist, but Thanos uses the Space Stone to entrap him in a nearby cliffside. Steve was next to try but was sent flying away by the Power Stone. T'Challa used his strength to leap into the air and was punched back down to Earth as his armor discharged violently. Falcon flew in and tried to hit Thanos with a barrage of bullets but was sent spiraling into the trees as his wings became rubbery and flaccid.

Gripping Wanda's hand, "Wanda. It's time,"

"No!" Wanda and Sarah argue.

"Look at me. You have the power to destroy the stone,"

"Don't."

"You must do it. Wanda, please. We are out of time."

"I can't." Wanda was trying her best to hold off her inevitable tears.

"Yes, you can. You can. If he gets the stone, half the universe dies," Pressed Vision.

"It's not fair." Wanda was visibly crying.

"It shouldn't be you, but it is. It's all right. You could never hurt me. I just feel you," Vision gave a small smile, one filled with all the love he could manage before Wanda raises her hand, "I'll buy you some time, Wanda," Sarah says sadly.

Rhodey had joined in the fight. He fired of repulsor blasts at Thanos' face before Thanos used the gauntlet to crush the War Machine Armour, leaving Rhodey in a crumpled heap. Bucky came in running as fast as he could, firing rounds from his machine gun, only to be punched away by the Power Stone.

"Bucky!" Sarah gasps in shock as she watches him get taken out.

Okoye and Natasha ran forward together. Okoye tried to throw her spear but was blasted back while Natasha became entombed in the earth.

"That's it!" Sarah says, she had enough of watching her friends get hurt. She takes a stand, outstretching her hands like she's done a thousand times before encasing her powers around the Gauntlet. She was straining to keep her powers on it. Sarah wanted to teleport the glove off of Thanos. The gauntlet was fazing in and out, Thanos looks down then looks up at Sarah. Realizing what she was doing he clenches his fist and activates all the stones. Sending a rainbow wave of energy her way.

Wanda looks over her shoulder just in time to see Sarah engulfed in the wave, "Sarah!" she lets out a pained cry barely able to keep her powers trained on the stone.

seeing the whole thing Steve gets up, slides under Thanos's arms getting a few good punches in before catching Thanos' fist, "Where is she?!" using all his strength to hold back the gauntlet.

Thanos stares down at him with amazement, "She must've meant a lot to you. I just wanted her gone," some type of remorse evident in his voice.

Steve lets out a piercing cry, one filled with anger and loss

Thanos lifts his free hand slowing bringing it down to Steve's temple, he falls unconscious before Thanos' steps over him making his way towards Wanda

Thanos lifts his free hand slowing bringing it down to Steve's temple, he falls unconscious before Thanos' steps over him making his way towards Wanda. She had no time to morn as she uses her powers to hold him back. Despite this, Thanos still tried to push forward, using his gauntlet to shield him from her powers much as he did when Sarah tried to use hers.

Wanda turns to vision, "It's alright," he whispers, "I love you," his last words to her.

When The Mind Stone shatters it sends a wave knocking back anyone who's standing. Wanda falls to her knees in anguish. The loss of her lover and close friend feeling too much for her as, she finally lets the tears fall.

Thanos looks down at Wanda, "I understand, my child. Better than anyone," Consoled Thanos.

"You could never." Snarled Wanda.

"Today, I lost more than you can know. But now is no time to mourn. Now is no time at all," he says with declaration activating the Time Stone. The explosion slowly reverses, the shattered remains of the Mind Stone begins piecing itself back together.

"No!" Wanda screams when she realizes what he's doing, Thanos simply flings her back.

Thanos grabs vision by his throat and dug his fingers into Visions' forehead. His cries of pain were short-lived, cause when the stone was ripped out Vision went limp and colorless.

when Thanos adds the last stone to his gauntlet he's overwhelmed by the surge of its power. Thanos studies the Gauntlet before a bolt of lightning catches his attention, Thor came hurtling down. Thanos shoots back the combined power of all the stones, but Stormbreaker manages to contain the power till it embeds itself in Thanos' chest.

Thor lands in front of him, "I told you. You'd die for that!" he spits lodging his ax deeper into his chest.

Thanos lets out a piercing scream.

He groans and his breathing begins to labor. Thanos raises his head weakly, "You should've... You...You should've gone for the head," Thanos slowly raising the Gauntlet before snapping his finger.

"NO!" Thor screamed, but it was too late, what's done is done.