𝙸. Chapter 6: "Imagine it"

Wanda's Vision World

In a ballroom, Steve walks his way through flashes of light coming from old 1940 cameras. He was back, in the 40s, every man around him including himself is wearing a uniform. People were laughing, people were fighting and above all people were dancing. This ballroom was only missing one thing...

Behind Steve Rogers appeared his Epic Love, Margret 'Peggy' Carter. She wore a blue dress with a pink flower on the right. When she touches his shoulder he turns around. "The wars over Steve, we can go home, raise a family-" She begins to say taking his hand and placing it on her pregnant stomach and looks into his confused eyes and says, "Imagine it,"

Steve begins to hear a young child's laugh, he turns around to find where it's coming from, but when he does everything disappears with Peggy and his unborn child. It was just him, in a ballroom alone.

Steve then he hears, "Daddy?" Looking down he spots a young girl no older than five,

     "Why did you let them take me?" She cries as she is pulled away by an invisible force,

- ✪ -

Quinjet

Unknown Location

The Mindscape fades. Before he realizes it, He finds himself on the Quinjet with the rest of the Avengers. Still not sure how he managed to get were was, that wasn't the raining question controlling his thoughts. He may have regained consciousness, but he's longing to figure out what just happened. He questions, What he saw? Was it real? Could those things really have happened if life went differently? Natasha, Thor, and Bruce all felt the same way.

     "...hows the team?" Maria hills ask, her voice echoing through the speakers.

     "Everyone's-"Tony looks around then continues "-We took a hit, well shake it off"

     "Well, for now, I'd say stay in stealth mode, and away from here..."

Tony leans in and replies to Maria. "So, run and hide?"

     "Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer,"

     "Neither do we," he sighs, looking at the rest of Avengers before he ends the call with Maria.

Tony walks over to Clint who's flying the Quinjet and asks, "Hey, you wanna switch out?"

     "No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time, cause we're still a few hours out," Replies Clint, turning his attention back to the systems

     "A few hours from where?" Tony asks.

     "A safe house," Clint answers.

- ✪ -

Barton Farm

Waverly, Iowa

Hours later, the sun is rising. Clint lands the Quinjet in an open area away from a Farmhouse.

As the Avengers approach the house, Thor asks "What is this place?"

     "Safehouse?" Tony replies with a question.

     "Let's hope," Clint says before opening the front door. "Honey? I'm home." Clint calls out. Moments later, a pretty woman with long brown hair appears from the kitchen, surprised to see Clint and the other Avengers.

     "Hi. Company. Sorry, I didn't call ahead," Clint says to his pregnant wife.

     "Hey," the woman says before pecking Clint's lips.

     "This is an agent of some kind," Tony says.

     "Gentlemen, this is Laura," Clint says to the rest of the Avengers behind him.

     "I know all your names," Laura chuckles.

Loud footsteps approaching from the stairs, Looking up Clint says, "Ooh. Incoming." excitedly. Two young kids, one boy, and one girl ran into Clint's chest giving him a big hug. They haven't seen their father in a very long time.

     "Dad!" the little girl greeted.

     "Hi, sweetheart!" Clint Says cheerfully. He picks her up and places her on his hip before turning his attention to Conner, "Hey, buddy. How are you guys doing?" Clint asks, then Ruffles his son's hair a bit.

     "These are smaller agents," Tony questions.

     "Look at your face!" Clint said excitedly, "Oh, my goodness,"

     "Did you bring Auntie Nat?" Lila asks and Clint gasps with a smile looking over at Natasha.

     "Why don't you hug her and find out," Natasha said with a smile on her face. Lila ran to hug her, Clint laughs as Natasha picks Lila up.

     "Sorry for barging in on you," Steve apologizes, his manors getting the best of him.

     "Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed," Tony said.

     "Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off S.H.I.E.L.D.'s files. I'd like to keep it that way," Clint says. "I figure it's a good place to lay low,"

Catching his balance, Thor accidentally steps on a Lego set. He moves them aside, trying to hide what he did, but with the glances of the Avengers and Laura looking his way, it's clear that what he did was heard in the brief silence.

     "Honey. I missed you. How's little Natasha, huh?" Natasha said, rubbing Laura's pregnant belly.

     "She's... Nathaniel," Laura replies sadly.

Natasha puts a fake frown before lowering and says to the unborn baby, "Traitor,"

Lila looks up at Thor and Steve, they were reliving their vision, they came back to reality thanks to the toaster. Thor then heads outside, Steve following him in concern.

     "Thor?" Steve calls him.

     "I saw something in that dream,"

     "We all did,"

     "I need answers. I won't find them here," Thor says.

Steve couldn't reply. Thor swung his hammer and took off to find answers to his vision. What Thor didn't know was that Steve wanted answers too. Steve stares off into Barton's home, Lila's Laughter is replaced by the laughter he heard in his Vision, Peggy's voice follows, "We can go home," distraught, he decides not to reenter the house. Terrified of what his unanswered vision will make him see and hear in an enclosed space.

➽──────────❥

END NOTE

If you enjoyed this chapter please consider giving it a vote and comment, thank you.