CHAPTER NINETEEN

"I'm so glad they're still doing this," Kie said as they walked through the outdoor movie theater

"I'm so glad they're still doing this," Kie said as they walked through the outdoor movie theater. "Keep calm, carry on. Back to OBX life. You know? Aren't you glad I made you come?"

"Ecstatic," Pope grumbled.

"Gigi's bed was pretty comfy, I'll be honest," JJ said, earning an elbow in the stomach from Gina.

She felt little knots forming in her stomach. She couldn't help worry that now that they were back with the group things between her and JJ would just go back to the way they'd always been. They'd flirt, they'd joke, but at the end of the day they were just friends. Gina wasn't sure how JJ felt, but she couldn't go back to just being friends. And then there was the stupid no Pogue on Pogue macking rule to stress about.

"Well, I think it's a great idea," Gina tried to smiled at Kie, shooting the boys a look.

Kie grinned back at her and then took Gina's hand and pulled her away to get drinks. "Hey, can we get two Pepsis, please?"

"Hey Kie, Gina," they turned around to see Rafe. "Hey, what's up? How are you two?"

"We're fine," Kie said shortly, not wanting to talk to the Kook.

"Good, good," Rafe nodded. "Tell your boy that we know what he did."

"Sorry, what boy are you talking about?" Kie asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Oh, he'll know," he smirked as he turned to face the curvier girl, his eyes roamed her body. "Wow, Gina, you're looking pretty hot for a Pogue."

Gina rolled her brown eyes and scowled at him. "Leave us alone, Rafe."

"Douche," Kie called over her shoulder as the girls walked away with their drinks. "Just saw Rafe, and he said, and I quote, 'tell you boy that we know what he did'."

"Any idea what that's about?" Gina asked Pope and JJ, her eyebrows raised and arms crossed.

"Um, where is he?" JJ asked, looking around.

"Right there," Kie pointed over to where Rafe, Topper, and Kelce were leaning against a tree, obviously watching the group of Pogues.

"Great, the whole death squad," Pope panicked.

JJ turned Pope around so he wasn't still looking at the Kooks. "Don't stare, bro. Just warning you, if they corner me, I'm coming out swinging, okay? Slice and dicin'. I'm on edge right now."

Gina exchanged a confused look with Kie while Pope agreed with JJ.

"If that doesn't work," JJ continued, holding up his backpack. "I got this right here."

"Yeah, yeah," Pope nodded again. "So we just gotta stay in a group. They can't get us in the group."

"Like a school of fish," JJ added.