CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"Pope we're not stealing the drone, we're borrowing it," John B tried to reason with him as they drove to the salvage yard

"Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality," Pope quoted. "Albert Bernstein came up with it, but it applies to this whole treasure hunting thing. So, which is it? Fantasy or reality?"

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" Gina asked.

Kie turned around and said, "It's fantasy, but possible reality."

"Reality," John B said, so sure of himself. That was one thing Gina envied about her friend; how could he be so confident in what he believed?

"Virtual reality," JJ mumbled, lighting up his joint.

Pope stole it out of his hands. "Keep the signal clear," he reminded the blond.

"You know what your problem is?" JJ asked Pope, obviously annoyed.

"You?" Pope asked under his breath.

JJ rolled his blue eyes. "No! It's that you need to relax, man. You're always so tense!"

"I'm not too tense," Pope protested as Kie and Gina hopped out of the Twinkie.

"Hey, you guys got this," John B reassured the girls.

"It's not us that I'm worried about," Gina told him. "Have fun keeping JJ in check without me, loser."

"Hello!" Kie called, waving to the security guard as they approached the gate. "Excuse me?"

"Can I help you two?" he asked. His eyes flicked over both of their bodies and Gina had to suppress the urge to throw up.

"Hi! Um, we actually have a flat tire," Gina said, faking a smile. "I was wondering if maybe you could help us out?" she smiled sweetly at him again, batting her long eyelashes.

"Yeah," the guy said, a smile on his face.

"Yeah," Kie echoed, smiling as well. The guard went to open the gate and she turned to Gina. "It's too easy." They both smirked at each other and then discreetly did the Pogue hand shake.

The girls led the older man over to a boat that wasn't actually theirs. All part of the plan. After a minute of surveying it he said, "Yeah, I-I got this."

"I'm sure you do," Gina cocked her head to the side and flirtily batted her lashes again, giggling with Kie to be more convincing.

"Thank you," Kie simpered. After a minute she asked, "Got it?"

He nodded. The sound of a dog barking in the distance seemed to pull him out of his foggy state. "You hear that?"

"Hear what?" Kie asked innocently.

"Oh, Tebow's got somethin'," the man said.

Kie and Gina exchanged nervous glances before putting the fasade back on.