Prologue

A/N: This story was originally written in English, hence there are only a few lines written in Tagalog.

THIRTY YEARS AGO, an epidemic hit the planet of Terrarium that almost killed everyone. Yung iba nabuhay, but more than half of the population ay sumakabilang buhay. Some called it mutatio, it is when their body would be changing from the inside. There are some people who can't take the searing pain that is slowly spreading all throughout their body, and die. Lahat nag bago. The planet of Terrarium was divided because of this. Nahahati na ang communities according to their abilities, Fundus, for the earth-beings, Lympha for the water-beings, Flamma for fire-beings, Aether for the Air-beings, and lastly Lucerna, for the light-beings, along with the special beings. Even if Terrarium has become a magical kingdom, may iilan pa ring nanatiling mortal and they are called mortifers, they are currently living in Lucerna. They were still mortals because some were not affected by the outbreak, or had not been favored by the Gods.

"Malapit na ang katapusan ng ating planeta." Prophet Yrfah spits those words like a bomb, and the whole room fell into silence. Everyone eyed the old man, sitting at the far end of the long table.

"What are you talking about Prophet Yrfah?" King Stefan of Lucerna asked as his eyebrows knotted together, confused as to why the old man would say those words. Nasa kanyang tabi naman ang kanyang asawa na si Queen Mildred, raising her eyebrows while eyeing the old prophet.

"It's the truth! I saw it when I touched a young girl. I'm telling you, she will be the end of us, we have to catch her before everything we have been fixing since day one would vanish." The old prophet said. Bahagya pang tumaas ang kanyang boses so that everyone would take him seriously.

"That's impossible. It has been years since the Gods have been in silence, kahit ang dark side ay hindi nangahas na tayo ay kalabanin." King Zander said and tightly squeezed Queen Hestia's hand. The Queen's hands were already shaking without her knowing it. Even though the Queen is among the strongest Terrarians in the land of Lympha, she was still nervous about the war, if ever the old prophet is telling the truth. She detests wars, and will never be a fan of it.

"I agree with King Zander. All these years, all we have done is to prosper and move forward. No one ever dared to be against us. Kung totoo man o hindi ang sinasabi ni Prophet Yrfah, we have to prepare. We should not take this lightly." said Queen Gertrude, beside her is King Felix who is just silently listening to everyone. The Queen of Flamma has always been very confident of herself, she likes to boss everyone, while the King is her total opposite. Mas gugustuhin niyang makinig na lamang sa opinyon ng iba bago gumawa ng decision.

"How about we incorporate ability strengthening classes this school year for the kids? So that everyone could prepare for this 'so-called' end of the world by a little girl." Queen Tracy said as she rolled her eyes. She really thinks it is ridiculous seeing all these powerful Terrarians frightened because of a little girl. She can't possibly finish all of them unless she's a God, which is absurd. King Jet is awfully quiet today because of a headache. The weather in the land of Aether changes every once in a while, even after many years living in that place, his body would never adapt to it.

The entire room fell into an eerie silence, after hearing what the Queen of Aether said. Some are lost in their own thoughts, thinking if the suggestion would be a good idea, habang ang iba naman ay tinatamad nang makinig. They just wanted to be done with this whole meeting.

"That's a great idea, physical combat should also be offered to the mortifer students so that they could protect themselves, at the very least." King Travis said, breaking the silence, after talking with his wife, Queen Katniss. The King of Fundus loves his wife so much that whatever decisions he would be making, he would ask for the opinions and feedback of his Queen.

"So it's settled then. We would change the subjects of the young Terrarians this school year. Ako na ang bahalang kumausap sa Academy after this." Queen Mildred said, while slowly standing up. "If ever visions would come back, please urgently schedule a meeting with everyone. We also have to look for that child." She continued, eyeing the Circle of Elders. Ever since the Gods became silent, they no longer had any visions of what will happen in the future, but still holding special abilities inside of them. The Circle of Elders is the strongest Terrarians you could ever find. The Gods are always in favor of them, that's why they are well respected, even the Royal Families cannot touch them.

Everyone left the conference hall with their heads, overflowing with questions, but each one of them was confident that they would win this fight. They should be. They will find the girl first before she will find them.

--

obscure (adverb)

- difficult to find

- not expressed/understood

Date Started: June 10, 2020
Status: Unedited