"Start!" A robotic voice echoed around our starting point. Yaomomo and I were immediately off, I transformed into a horse and she jumped onto my back. We ran for a few minutes before Yaomomo spoke up. "Deviant, that rubbish bin looks big enough to use." She whispered in a hushed voice so that we didn't alert any teachers who could have been in the area of our presence. I chanced a glance back and saw that Yaomomo was pointing at a rubbish bin, with a big enough object in sight, we moved on to stage two of our plan to get to the centre as fast as possible. 

"And you're certain this won't tire you out?" Yaomomo asked hesitantly. I nodded my head resolutely as I placed my hands on the disgusting green metal of the rubbish bin and picture what I wanted it to be in my head. I was very familiar with what I wanted it to be. After all, I had stared at pictures of it for hours on end. The metal of the bin morphed slowly into a sleek motorcycle which had a leather seat and a gleaming silver frame. The model of the motorcycle was particularly useful in Yaomomo and I's situation because it made practically no noise. I had seen it in one of Dad's old magazines as a child and had become infatuated with it. I couldn't own one and had only ever seen one once in real life prior to the exam, so I couldn't help but stand in awe as I looked lovingly at the motorbike of my dreams. "Deviant, now isn't the time to space out!" Yaomomo chastised plopping a helmet on my head. "Right! Sorry, Creati!" I apologised as I adjusted the helmet on my head and climbed onto the motorcycle with Yaomomo behind me. She seemed slightly hesitant, but she placed her hands delicately on my shoulders and squeezed them to confirm she was ready for us to speed away. I revved the engine before we were off, flying through the streets on our way to the giant glass spire in the centre of the city.

I honestly believe we could have made it to the centre of the city within the first 10 minutes if we hadn't been confronted by Cementos. Our encounter with him was quite sudden. We were halfway there and the exam had been going on for 5 minutes already when a huge concrete wall suddenly erected in front of us. I nearly didn't have time to bring the bike to an abrupt stop. We were centimetres from colliding with the wall, and that wouldn't have been pretty. "Very initiative thinking, young ones." a mellow voice commented from only metres away. Yaomomo and my heads whipped looked around to see our teacher standing there, looking at us amused. We had to act fast to be able to escape Cementos. He was one of the most dangerous opponents to face when in a cityscape. He could control practically everything around him. Yaomomo was quick to react. A bunch of cylinders popped out of her arm which I snatched out of the air and pulled the pins out of. I threw them at Cementos and turned away as a bright flash went off. I placed my hands on the ground and let the rush of adrenaline I felt power me as I transformed all of the concrete within 10 metres (32.8ft) of Cementos into grass and other plants. With no immediate way to defend himself with his quirk and still partially blinded by the flash grenade, Cementos could do very little when Yaomomo lept forward and hit the big blue button on his chest. The button beeped and flashed for a second before turning green. I sighed in relief and stood up from my crouched position, ignoring the slight ache in my elbows and knees. "Well done Creati." I congratulated Yaomomo as we hopped back onto the motorbike. "It was mainly you." She whispered bashfully. I shook my head as I pulled my helmet on, "No, I couldn't have done it without you. You're doing amazingly." I beamed back her before revving the engine and driving around the large concrete wall which had obstructed our path.

Three-quarters of the way to the glass skyscraper and it seemed like we were in for an easy journey. That wasn't the case. We knew something was coming when the air around us turned pink. I could feel myself getting drowsy even though I was wearing a motorcycle helmet. I stopped the motorbike since driving it whilst under the influence of Auntie Nemuri's quirk was the epitome of idiocy. Yaomomo looked more alert than me, but she still looked a little slow. She didn't speak, simply pointed to the ground. I nodded and lied on my stomach. The gas was less dense closer to the ground, so it was ever so slightly easier to breathe without passing out. Two gas masks popped out of Yaomomo's leg which I quickly fitted onto my face. Immediately, I regained my senses and nodded thanks to Yaomomo. We knew that we couldn't ride the motorbike anymore and I didn't want to risk transforming into an animal since Auntie Nemuri's quirk could still affect me and I doubted a gas mask designed for a human would stay on my face. (Not canon, but it's my story so I make the rules). We could still see the top of the skyscraper, so we had a general sense of where we were supposed to go. We cautiously made our way towards the tower, keeping our ears and eyes alert for any noises or shadows in the hazy rose mist in the air. After a few minutes, the air around us was getting less and less pink and we could actually see each other clearly. I thought we had managed to evade her, but Auntie Nemuri wasn't letting us go so easily. "Oh, how delectable! Two people managed to make it through my mist." A sultry voice practically purred from atop a car a few meters in front of us. Auntie Nemuri was sprawled on the roof of a car. She held a classic whip in her hand which lazily flicked from side to side as if it were her tail and she was a cat. Yaomomo and I crouched and got into fighting stances, we were sure to keep our gas masks on so that if she released more of her sleep-inducing scent. Nobody moved for a solid 30 seconds. Everything was silent. Then a whip crack resounded around the area around us and I felt a stinging pain on my wrist. I looked down to see that Midnight's whip was wrapped around my wrist. I didn't get much time to digest this information before I was being dragged towards Auntie Nemuri, she was surprisingly strong for having such a lithe body. Acting as fast as I could I drew my knife and severed the whip with one slice. As a result of the tension of the rope suddenly disappearing, both Auntie Nemuri and I went flying backwards, although Auntie Nemuri was sent flying further. She landed in an undignified heap on the floor, groaning slightly and grumbling. She was just standing to launch another attack when her button was hit with a baseball. Yaomomo looked immensely proud at herself for being able to pitch a ball so accurately on the first try, it seemed as if luck was on her side that day. We quickly ran away together before the 5-minute timer on Nemuri's button could expire. 

Occurrenceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें