Chapter 7: Confusing Dreams

Start from the beginning

                I watch him walk away out of my sight and can’t help the urge to follow him.

                I maneuver my way through the crowd and try to keep my eye on him. That blonde hair and body just like his, has me going insane. Finally getting through I continue to try and prove to myself that that is him. He never turns around and that drives me crazy. I want to call out his name, but can’t muster the courage to. When exits the building I breath in and call out his name, “Aiden.”

He doesn’t turn around. Walking a little faster to speed up to him. I feel a drop of water hit my face and look up. Drop after drop and it starts to pour. The blonde covers his head with a hood. “Stop Aiden please.” I call out. He doesn’t, continuing to ignore me and that only riles me up. I curse and watch as he gets close to the street. “Aiden fucking stop. Turn around and talk to me.” I finally reach him and pull on his arm. He turns around and my world crashes.

The boy standing in front of me had brown eyes and weirdly resembles Wyatt. “Do I know you?” He says. The rain was drenching my hair and I could feel the painful sad feeling in my face. My lower lip starts to quiver and I couldn’t help it. “No. I-I’m sorry.” I step back and let him go. He gives me a worried look, before walking away.

I lean on the brick wall and a tear runs down my face. I hit the wall with my fist and clench my eyes to resist the urge to scream. Why! I yelled in my head. I knew all along that if I ever saw his face again, that my heart was going to come alive. I was going to be so happy and unremorseful. I was going to jump into his arms and kiss him till the end of the earth. But that wasn’t him. And I for some reason that felt like being ran over. Watching as the car lights flash before the hood rams right into you. The tears and rain start to mix and pool together.

My hand is vibrating with pain and I feel like such a fucking fool. Aiden wasn’t here. He was a million miles away living his life like I told him to. He was probably way past thinking of me.

 I get up from the wall and head back in the opposite direction. I didn’t stray too far. I find my way back and realize I wasn’t as drenched as I thought. The hot air from the vents and people dried me up quick. I go back into the mist of people and do what I came here for. To party.

                When a guy grabs my hips I immediately force myself out of his embrace. I turn around and am faced with a brunette with neon designs on his naked chest. “Come on love. You don’t wanna dance?” He says. I ignore his question and ask my own, “Where did you get those drawings?” He points to them and I nod. “In the back. You want some?” I nod again and he smirks. “I’ll take you. And maybe we can have some fun eh?”

                I follow him to the back and see people shirtless and designs on their body like the guy. A girl looks over at me and smiles. “You want a design?” I strip off my shirt. I’m glad Ellie told me to wear white everything. The girl draws a spiral with dots and zigzags on my stomach. The paint she used was cold, but I didn’t mind. I’m done and the guy takes my hand and leads me towards the bathrooms.

                 I try to snatch my arm away but he has a tighter grip on me than I thought. “Where are you taking me?” I asked. “To have a little fun.” We reach a corner that was very dark and didn’t illuminate our white clothes. He presses his lower body against mine and grabs my chin.

                “Has anyone every told you that you were a beauty?” He whispers to me. I cringe at his words. Two people.

                My blood boils when he holds my wrist tight.

                “Stop.” I said. “Please.” He chuckles and inhales deep. I shake my head and struggle against him. “Stop.” I beg again. When I feel him shoved off of me and hear a crash, I step back. The guy and someone else were fighting. The other person throws the guy into the light and comes back to punch him. When the light hits him I recognize that dark hair and those blazing gray eyes.