Oh my goodness.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, Mani.. please"

I blinked slowly, letting his brown eyes dance in mine. His thumb caressed my chin. It felt like time had moved so slowly. Too consumed in the moment, I hadn't felt my back press against a locker. All I saw was Lamar and Lamar only.

Lord I hated how this man had such a grasp on me.

"I'm looking at you, but you not sayin' nun"

I said, fighting my lovesick high while giggling nervously. He let his pretty eyes explore my face, but mainly focused on my eyes more than anything.

"I'm not tryna talk, to be honest.."

I swallowed and all of a sudden a tune rung into my head. This very moment with Lamar reminded me of the song 'grateful' by 'mahalia'. It felt like I still had my earphones in, with the song playing ever so lowly in my ears and in the background. 

"What you tryna do then?"

The tension was burning. I watched a small smirk play at his lips before he leaned down slightly. I shut my eyes, tilting my head to feel his lips on mine.

I inhaled slightly when I felt his lips against my cheek instead. Internally yelling when he didn't kiss me; I chose to keep my composure.

Ou! This boy play too much!

I took the kiss on the cheek before watching him pull away. I smiled softly;

"You mess me up, y'know dat?"

He stated, still with his fingers on my chin.

"Whatchu mean?"

He smacked his lips softly;

"Mani you know exactly what I mean..you got me joggin' a lil bit"

I couldn't help but laugh slightly at his rant.

If only he knew, he got me spinning the block for his ass. The whole. Damn. Block!

"Jogging?"

He chuckled;

"Yeah, ion really be chasing nobody like that but..maybe a lil track for yo ass wouldn't hurt"

I shook my head nibbling a lil at my lower lip.

"You play too much, Lamar"

He shrugged before letting go of my chin then backing up.

"Maybe..but lemme not hold you, ion want you to be late for your thing"

I nodded,

"Yeah.."

He took one last look at me.

"Imma text you ight?"

"Cool .."

I watched him walk backwards, having a goofy smile on his face till he turned his back towards me. As he neared the school entrance; something in me felt bold all of a sudden.

"Lamar, wait!"

Lamar stopped his walking before turning around. I breathed out before quickly walking over to him.

"Wassu-"

I grabbed onto his cheeks and kissed him. I felt his shock till he slowly wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. Just like the first time; a buzz of electricity went up my spine as our lips entwined.

I pulled away, ignoring my heart beating excessively against his chest. Both our eyes hooded.

"Now you can leave.."