Chapter 28 (Vijays POV)

Vijay's POV.........

Priya and I both went to Chennai for Sakshi's death anniversary. I showed Priya the orphanage. I started living in the memory of Sakshi and the place where Sakshi died. It was an emotional day for me. I loved Sakshi so much and her death was a massive shock for me. Priya, also was loving and caring towards the children in the orphanage and she was proud of me for starting the orphanage. Anyway, when I showed Priya where Sakshi died, I got slightly emotional. Priya tried to comfort me but said that Sakshi was my past and I need to get out of it and accept the present. I thought that Priya was trying to tell me to accept her and forget Sakshi. I got so annoyed and irritated from what she said. Like how can I forget my Sakshi? She was and still is my world. So I said some things that have hurt Priya.

After that she wasn't speaking to me much. She only spoke to me when it was necessary. I tried asking her why she wasn't speaking to me and to that she replied ''Why do you care if I speak to you or not? We will be going in different paths after few more months right?'' I was so hurt when she used the same words I used to hurt her in the car and felt really guilty for saying what I said to Priya in the car.

I tried to maintain Silence with Priya after that but I really struggled to cope with Priya's silent treatment especially as the days passed. From Priya's silent treatment, I understood one thing. I do feel some things for her like some kinda unknown feelings and it is strong and confusing. But the thought of having feelings for Priya was making me feel really guilty towards Sakshi.

So one day Adi came and spoke to me, he told me that he has been noticing how me and Priya are not speaking to each other. So I decided to open up to Adi.

When Adi heard everything about the contract I made to avoid Priya and my guilty feelings towards Sakshi he scolded me ''Vijay Anna, you really need to move on from what happened to Sakshi Akka. She passed away three years ago even we all feel very sad that she's not with us anymore. But before she died, her final wish was for you to move on in life rather than thinking about her and accept someone else in the place of Sakshi akka. Then why can't you do justice to her final wish which she requested of you on her deathbed?

One reason why Amma and Appa pressured you to get married to Priya Akka was to complete Sakshi akka's wish and so you can finally move on and lead a happy life. Instead of leading a happy life with Priya akka, you are trying to hide your feelings for her by doing ridiculous things like making stupid contracts and creating pain for both of you!! You are even creating pain for Sakshi akka's soul. Do you seriously think that she will be happy seeing you in pain everyday? Anna, I seriously don't understand what's going on in your head, you had 3 years to get over Sakshi akka. Now please stop living in your past and accept the present. Stop bloody hurting Priya akka so much !!! She didn't do anything wrong to suffer like this!!''.

What Adi said is true. Sakshi's final wish was for me to move on. I replied to Adi, ''Adi, what you said is right. Sakshi's final wish was for me to move on but the thought of replacing Sakshi with Priya is killing me mentally''.

When I said that, Adi came closer to me and said ''Vijay Anna, I am not telling you to replace Sakshi Akka. Let her remain in the place you have given to her in your heart. Just add Priya Akka to your heart as well. Anna, believe me Priya akka is a very nice person like Sakshi akka. I'm sure Priya akka will love you just the way Sakshi akka did. In fact I think she will love you more than Sakshi akka. So please give Priya akka a chance !!'' After saying that Adi went away from me.

What Adi said made me think for a bit and I came to a conclusion to accept Priya to my life and to confess the feelings I have for Priya when we reach Coimbatore.

Priya continued to remain silent and even when we went to her house she still maintained distance from me.

When we were returning to Coimbatore I tried to talk to her but she successfully managed to ignore me with her brief replies. Finally when we reached our apartment, I was preparing to confess my feelings, but before I could say anything she came and talked about an incident that happened at her house where she hugged me because of a thunderstorm. She told me to ignore her from now on and keep maximum distance very harshly. After saying that she went and locked herself in her room. I was really hurt from what she said to me that day so I thought maybe she doesn't like me anymore and wants to leave me as soon as possible. Because of that I decided to remain quiet about my feelings for her and continue like how we were before.

After that we both weren't talking to each other much. She started working as a teacher and I focused on my work. Weeks passed like that without both of us speaking to each other.

Some weeks later I found out that it was Priya's birthday but I decided to stay quite thinking that maybe she won't like it if I wish her or buy her a gift. That day she was wearing the saree I bought her when Amma and Appa visited us in Coimbatore. She is really pretty but she had a special glow today wearing the saree. It was my friend's bachelor party as well that day, so I left for that.

However, in between my friend's bachelor party I received a call from Priya. I found her calling me strange because she barely calls me. When I answered it, I could here her screaming and crying so I knew something was wrong there and rushed to our apartment which was 2 minutes away. Thank God. I couldn't bear hearing Priya cry. When I reached our apartment, I was shocked to see my Priya's state. That bloody Madhav tried to rape Priya.

Madhav acts as a wonderful husband towards Radhika but he is actually cheating her. I dealt with Madhav by punching him until he was unconscious and locked him in a room and called the police. The police eventually came and arrested Madhav. I informed Radhika about this incident as well. To say she was shocked would be an understatement. I feel so bad for her.

In between that, I took Priya to our room by carrying her in bridal style and I wrapped a shawl around Priya because her blouse was all ripped exposing a lot of her inner wear and body. And called my friend's wife Dr Elizabeth to check on her. The doctor told me that Priya's temperature was a bit high so she prescribed some medications. She also told me to look after Priya well as she is hurt both mentally and physically. I have made her suffer so much and now this incident has made her suffer more. I decided to look after Priya well and love and care for her until she gets better and if she allows until forever. To be honest, I have become more close to her and I like looking after her....

....
Hope you like this chapter guys. Please let me know what you think about Vijay in this chapter and vote for it !!! Also thank you guys for all the love and support you are giving towards my story ... it means a lot ❤️

Will update the next chapter soon :)