Chapter 20

Vijay's POV......

I told Priya about Sakshi. Priya managed to understand what I said and showed some compassion. She was also emotional after I told her how Sakshi died. I felt really relieved that day when I told her about Sakshi. After that, we both agreed to become friends but I felt like being friends with Priya was making me more attached to her. Unintentionally I did many gestures that surprised her and that made her feel like I'm getting closer to her. And I don't want her thinking that I've started to fall for her and give her false hopes.

Priya is a very nice person and I feel like I'm getting more attached to her as the days are passing.. I can't let that happen. In my heart, there is only one place and I've given that to Sakshi. I can't replace her with anyone. When Amma and Appa were leaving, they requested us for a child. Amma thinks that Priya and I are living a happy life. Maybe because of that, she asked us for a child. I made that as an excuse to make this marriage a contract with Priya. It had to be done. Not only for Priya but also for me to understand that this life is temporary and we will be parting ways after a few months.

I started distancing myself from Priya after that and only spoke to her if there was anything really important. In order to ignore her, I had to leave for work before she woke up and came back really late, Hoping that she'd be asleep when I came back. I am guilty for ignoring her but I have to do this, so there will be no feelings when we part ways. However, after a few days, I met with an accident and managed to injure my right hand. I was hoping that Priya wouldn't know about this but surprisingly she came to the hospital. She looked really dull and looked like she was on the verge of crying when she saw me. I was dumbfounded when I saw her. When the doctor told her about what happened, she blabbered about a few lectures at me and started to cry. I was speechless with the questions she asked me. She was concerned about me, just like my Sakshi. Infact she was more concerned about me than Sakshi was. I admit that I did feel pathetic and didn't have answers to Priya's questions.

After those lectures and her crying session, Priya went to the canteen to buy food. She gave me food to have but as my right hand was injured she started to feed me. I showed my frustration but she didn't care about it.

Spending a whole day at the hospital, the doctor finally discharged me. Even though I tried to distance myself from Priya, she was there for me. Took care of my every need. She took care of me really well. She gave me food and my medications on time and brought food to my room. As I didn't want her feeding me, I asked her for a spoon. Finally after some days my right hand was finally healed. I have to admit that, in this time I got to know Priya better. Like I understood that she enjoyed reading books and novels just like me, Sakshi didn't like reading books or novels. She prefered movies. Anyway I decided not to avoid Priya anymore because she is doing so much for me and the last thing I can do is not hurt her.

Priya's POV.....

Finally Vijay is fully recovered. He has started going for work as well. To be honest, during this time (when he was injured), I feel like I've got much more closer to him.

I feel like I'm in love with him. His presence made me feel different. I'm getting these sensations that I've never felt when I was with anyone else. Even though he's got various mood swings and irritating behaviour, I'm feeling something different when I'm around him. I know this marriage is a contract and is temporary but... I can't help but feel these feelings that I shouldn't.

After Vijay left for work today, Radhika called me and asked if I wanted to go to temple with her. I agreed and said to her that I will be ready in 10 minutes. I got dressed in a simple white saree and left my hair free. Once I got ready, Radhika, her child and I left for temple. Radhika is a really nice person. We always had very cute conversations. Although, most of the time she talks about her daughter and husband and I feel very envious of her and wonder if I will ever have a life like that.

When we reached the temple, I prayed for Vijay, his health and our families. After that, Anu wanted to go to the park near the temple. When Radhika refused her daughter, she started crying. So I told Radhika that I'll take her and bring her back in half an hour. So Radhika went home and I took Anu to the park. I really enjoyed watching this cute little girl play in the park and somewhere inside my heart wished for a cute child like Anu. But that's never going to happen. Before I had some hope, but now after signing the contract, all my hopes have faded. Finally, after some time I took Anu back to our apartment and left her at her home and I went back to my apartment.

When I entered the flat, I saw Vijay sitting at the dining table and doing work on his laptop. He was wearing a t-shirt and sweatpant, he looked so handsome in it. ''Have you finished checking me out?" Vijay's words brought me back from my day dreaming and jerked at his sudden voice and he was smiling at my reaction. I was embarrassed but managed to ask him, "when did you come? Did you know where I was?" To that he replied, I saw Radhika when I came in and she told me about you taking her kid to the park. ''Oh okay'', I replied and went to change into something comfortable and tied my hair in a messy bun.

I went to the kitchen and prepared some tea for us and gave it to him. I was sitting opposite to him on the dining table. After we finished, I went to the kitchen and Vijay continued doing his work.

Some time later when I finished my kitchen work, Vijay came to me and said, ''Priya, coming Monday is the day when I lost my Love, which marks Sakshi's 3rd death anniversary. If it's okay with you, can we go to Chennai ? Because even though it is an emotional day, I have to do some things there on that day. ''Errm it's fine with me Vijay, I will come with you. Just let me know when you have booked the flight ticket, so I can pack my clothes'', I told him and he nodded his head and left the kitchen. After saying that I went to my room I wondered what he should do on that day. 

...........
Hello everyone, thank you reading this chapter. Please let me know what you think about this chapter, also do vote and comment if you think this chapter is worth it. Thank you everyone again for the support and encouragement. Your votes and comments are motivating me to continue writing this story ❤️ also please ignore any grammatical errors you may find in this chapter.