His father furrowed his brows when he saw his son was shedding tears. He closed his hands into fists then asked through his gritted teeth, "What the fuck are you trying to say?" Bowen waved one hand at his men. They bowed down then quickly made their way out of the room, leaving father and son alone.

Dean clenched his teeth before he turned to pull the IV needle out of his hand again. His father's eyes widened at the sudden splatter of the blood. Dean wiped his tears away and replied through his trembling lips, "I'm sure you know what I am trying to say. Do I look like I want to live? Do you think I care, if you get caught in doing drugs and human trafficking?" He shook his head slightly and continued, "Go ahead and take everything away from me." 

"I should've never taken you here with me. I should've left you rotten to death with that Chinese woman." His father said in a serious voice as his eyes grew redder. "Fine, if that is what you wanted. I will take everything from you. I will not give you, even a penny. You don't need to worry about Richard Chu anymore. I will be the one to fucking get rid of him. The hospital bill is on me, but you will receive nothing more. From tomorrow on, I will be the one to manage the hotel, club, and casino. I don't want to see your face ever again. Whatever I do, I will do it in my own way. You will no longer be considered to be apart of the fucking Cobra anymore!"

Bowen finished his words and then stormed out of the room at his fast pace. He held his fists tightly as his tears overwhelmed his eyes.

Dean shrugged his shoulders as soon as the door closed. His body slid down to sit on the cold floor in exhaustion. His eyes stared blankly into space, forgetting about the pain in his chest and hand.

I am free, now. How come I don't feel happy? He left... Just like how my mother did, he left me too. I never needed him in my life anyway. I don't need anyone. Why am I crying? That man means nothing to me. He has been ruining my life too much. I should be happy. I should laugh. I should smile. Aren't those the things that happy people should do? How come I feel so empty? How come there seems to be nothing for me to be happy about?

Dean wondered as his tears dripped off from his chin onto his chest. His eyes held no emotion. He felt as if his world had just disappeared. Everything became gray. All he could felt at that moment was confused and lost. Once an abandoned child, he would forever be an abandoned child.

His childhood memories started to replay in his mind, recalling a similar situation where he was in a big cold room with just him all by himself. Either he stood up by himself or he froze to death alone. There was nobody who cared about the pain inside his chest. There was nobody who cared enough to ask how he felt. Everything was overwhelming him inside out. He felt as if he was a sinking ship. There was no hope besides just being isolated in the middle of the sea, sinking alone into that cold water. 

Dean cried quietly, feeling like he was losing his mind. He stood up, suddenly, before he knocked the IV stand down onto the floor. Turning around, he grabbed the pillow and blanket to toss them all away. He cursed himself underneath his breath while he lifted up the empty glass cup. He was about to throw it in the doorway, but it began to be open up by a familiar girl. He paused with his brows furrowed together. To avoid her from seeing his tears, he turned around quickly and threw the cup at the wall beside the sofa.

After the shattering echoed disappeared, her soft voice began to ask him, "Are... are you okay?" 

Dean took a deep breath at the same time he tried to interpret her intention. Why did she care? It was none of her business. He never asked for her help. He never wanted any pity from a weak girl like her. The sound of the door closing echoed the room before her footstep started to grow closer. His two hands formed tight fists as he pondered.

What do you want from me? Is your intention is to get rid of me for your father? I don't want to kill you like how I had killed that disguised doctor. How many more disguised doctors and nurses do I have to encounter? I am tired of this. Maybe I should've just let you stab me to death that night. 

While gritting his teeth at his own thought, he felt a soft gentle hand touched his right arm. He turned to look quickly, only to make eye contact with her. He felt her hand was trembling while they tried to hold onto his muscular arm. While he was glaring at her deadly, he asked rudely, "What do you want?"

She swallowed hard and replied in a soft sounded voice. "Is your wound hurting? Your IV needle also fell out. I will replace it with a new one for you."

Dean peeled her fingers off of his hand roughly and then pushed her hand away. He shot her a sharp gaze, at the same time, he asked in annoyance, "Why are you still coming back to me? Is it because of your duty?" He didn't know why he asked her that question either. It came out of him without even realizing it. She didn't say anything besides nodding her head. Suddenly, Dean lifted his left hand up to hold her neck. He clenched his teeth while he tightened his grip. She choked as she gasped for air. "Let me tell you. If I don't ask for your help, don't come close to me. I don't need anyone's pity, especially, when that person is you."

He released his grip roughly when he noticed her tears were shedding from her eyes. She coughed a few times breathlessly as she gasped for air. She wiped her tears away with the back of her hands. While glaring up at Dean, Giselle raised her voice, "Do you think I really want to come close to you? I was just worried..., that a fucking stupid bastard like you would rot and die! And, yes, this is my fucking duty! Is it wrong for me to just come to check up on my patient? Keep on with your bad mouthing, you are going to die alone!"

He watched her yelling quietly. His heart began to flutter when he heard she said that she was worried about him. As soon as she turned around, getting ready to leave, Dean reached his left hand out to grab her arm. With full force, he pulled her closer to him.

"What the fuck-" She cursed in shock before her lips got sealed with his. Her eyes grew to widen while Dean's eyes were close. Giselle was about to push him away until she noticed his tears were running down from the corner of his eyes. 

After a few seconds, Dean felt her hand placed on his back before it started to pat him gently as if she was trying to comfort him. He deepened the kiss as he felt like the wall around his heart began to shatter. His tears were uncontrollably shedding as if it was his first time to cry in someone's arms. 

I wished this is real. I wished that what you've done for me is not a duty. I want you at the same time that I don't. I hope what you said is true. I hope that you are not one of them, who wanted me dead. My heart is fluttering so hard. It is driving me crazy. Please stay away from me. I don't want to bring you pain. You are too good for me. I am breaking into pieces because of you, do you know?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading!

I hope everyone is enjoying it :)

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!