"The screaming mostly," He tried a smile while I curled my lips into my mouth and nodded to myself.

              "That's a good, uh, yeah, that's a pretty good reason," I sighed rubbing my face, not remembering anything after the hacking up blood- or, well, mana. My dragon. Just as the thought slid through the back of my mind the floor was lighting up with the circle and the dragon was popping up like nothing was wrong. 

          It then rubbed into my chest with a purr. My chest. It's... It's bigger! "Dragonshit," I said in disbelieve, my acknowledgment of the orc disappearing as I circled the dragon in awe. "Look at you! You've gotten bigger! Such beauty! Such grace! You're gorgeous!" I couldn't help but squeal.

              Huffing out its chest it took a prideful pose, with wild struggling I was pulling myself onto its back while the orc carefully approached. "You've got to have gotten faster!" I could feel my eyes sparkle as I looked down at the poor fool that had gotten wrapped up in me. "And stronger..." 

            "Wait- magic or not a dragon is still a DRAGON!" he shouted as I dragged him up, with the help of its tail wrapping around his waist and forcing him atop its back.

             "To the potion room!"

               "WAIT!" 

             Laughing wildly as it lunged forward, the boy behind me desperately clinging to me, I easily held the smooth dragon who was slipping and sliding down the halls. Actually slamming into a few walls. People making way at the sight of the dragon and the two on it. 

            Shockingly, the dragon didn't waver despite the both of us, but I did notice how it didn't so much as manifest its wings. Which meant we were heavy. Considering the orc clinging to me as if his life depended on it was nearly three times my size I'd have to say that is understandable. It also had me wondering if it could fly with just me.

         So many questions, so little time. 

        Grunting as we rounded a corner and slammed straight into a wall I left to try and fix myself but was quickly hurled into the lockers, the dragon having slid past the potion room and corrected via bashing the three of us into the wall. 

         Hopping off I pulled at my blouse and ran my hand through my hair, briefly glancing at my hand I unlocked the door without a glance to the boy on all fours gasping for breath and mumbling 'I'm going to throw up'. Humming I looked around the mostly cleaned room for what I knew would have to be here.

          My eyes settled on the large orb that was no longer green. Blinking in surprise I pulled my notebook from my bag and scribbled the change of colors before walking over to the now vibrant purple. Pausing to grab it, the explosion leaking into my mind, I held my chin and stared at it. 

         I have a feeling I would totally drop it again.

        Narrowing my eyes, desperation growing on my curiosity before a torch went off in my head. Putting both hands on it I rolled the orb into two before continuing until I had two dozen orbs barely the size of my palm. Alright, that should be fine- How am I going to carry them?

          Oh, you utter idiot! Now what?! Put them in your bag?! Risk blowing up your saving grace?!

          Hmm... Ignoring the insult I directed at myself I looked around the room. This was a place for potions, they had to have something to carry them. grinning as I found just what I wanted I scrambled over to it and quickly started to pack the many orbs in the leather case. The layers reminding me of what we keep our eggs in but fancier.

          Hooking the bag over my shoulder with my other I whistled on my way out, grinning like a fool. Excited that I get to play with potions and call it work. I raised a brow at the orc who had sat up and was leaning against the lockers while I locked the room.

           "Rough day?" I immediately got a glare but just snorted. "Oh, I just spiced up your life a bit, you'll thank me in a few years," I ruffled his dark hair, opening his mouth to say something he shut it fast as I canceled my summons, the dragon gone in a bright blue glow. "See you in class!" I threw over my shoulder with a wave, jogging to the field to conduct my tests.

              By the time I had got there, the sun had been down but it didn't even take half a chant before the many crystals around my neck lit up. Spinning an orb on my finger I scribbled in my notebook before catching it and tossing it as far as I could.

             Which wasn't far.

            My lip curled up in distaste while I looked away from the bright flash. Okay. So, after the color changes, it becomes more potent, to the point that the flames are mostly white and blue with a few licks of orange here and there. Picking up another I tossed it in my free hand while I whistled to myself, still writing.

           I was going to have to find a way to block out that light, I couldn't really see what was going on with that flash it initially gives off. Sighing I went to throw the one in my hand but paused and groaned. This was all I was going to be able to get.

           Deciding not to waste anymore I put it in the case with the others and packed up my stuff. With these, I actually had a chance in the tournament. Which was great because I've been putting off stressing about just how dad would react if I screwed up. I mean, if I tarnished the Windsor legacy I was definitely getting abandoned. 

            There were already people looking down on us because I had glass magic and laughed when hearing that I was in Dragon Valley. These were just what I needed to prove that Windsor was still a stronghold before the king looked our way and if I couldn't do that with magic I damn well could with any and every other way to do just that. Magic be damned, it didn't matter anyway.

           Pausing I blinked in surprise at just how right that was. This wasn't about magic. This was about whether or not I was getting booted from my house. This was about a noble's pride and nothing else. If I couldn't make them proud I wasn't a Windsor. Magic doesn't matter, it doesn't have to be strong, there's no need to overpower others if you simply know how to properly use it.

           ... Work smarter not harder. Brain over brawn. I sure as blazen ain't brawn so I might as well be brain. True magic was trash anyway, I'll just have to remind everyone just what magic means. Cause it isn't so shallow a meaning that one is ignored just for having been born with one kind over the other.

          Magic doesn't matter. 

Glass Magic REWRITTENOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara