When I looked up she now had a really disappointed look on her face. A look that hurt me a little more than my parents ever could. Which certainly said a lot, she didn't even say anything when she looked at me. She shook her head before storming out of the kitchen. Then I heard the front door slam shut and I jumped at the sudden sound. I sighed in defeat, no matter what I just can't seem to make anyone happy.

•••

It was now Friday morning and my parents were livid that I didn't go back yesterday but, I brushed it off and told them I felt sick. So I was going today which they bought and now here I am trying to work up the courage to go in. After very slowly counting to three I finally pushed open the doors to the building. I glanced around at the men and women buzzing around the area. With a sigh I made my way to the elevator pressing the tenth floor. Nerves flooded my stomach instantly once the elevator started moving up.

I kept reminding myself that I'm here for myself not Liam and that I'm just going to tell him what I need to tell him and will be done with it. Everything will go back to normal and I'll get through this internship. Then I won't have to see him ever again after this summer ends.

Once the elevator doors opened, the door up ahead did as well, the one to Liam's office. Our eyes meeting not a second later and my palms grew sweaty from how nervous I was. I walked out of the elevator just as he advanced closer. When we met in the middle he was about to talk before I decided to say something first.

"Look I'm just here because, of this internship so can we just forget everything that happened the other day." I managed to get out without stuttering which I was pretty proud about.

The way he stared at me caused annoying butterflies to fill my gut. When we maintained eye contact I tried to look away but, I couldn't. He slowly grabbed my hand in his making me intake a breath of air at the touch. My hand felt much smaller in his and his thumb traced small circles on the inside of my palm.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that to you." he said, finally breaking the silence and his tone was the softest I've ever heard it.

It made my face heat up, especially with the way he was holding my hand. The fact that he apologized though made me feel ten times better about being here. But, I was still cautious about him and his ways.

"Thank you for apologizing." I replied, with a small smile on my lips.

He managed a small smirk as we stayed staring at one another daring the other to break the eye contact. He was still holding my hand which I glanced down at and it was like he barely noticed too. Because, the next second he withdrew his from mine making me wish I didn't point it out. Just to feel him holding my hand again but, I pushed that thought out of my head, he's just my boss.

"I have a meeting right now, you can just sit in with me it shouldn't take long." he stated, before walking past me to the elevator doors.

I followed behind him into the small box, leaning against the wall while he pressed for the fifth floor. As I looked at him memories of the other day were coming to mind. Liam is the first guy to have ever touched me so intimately and he doesn't even know it. Which weirdly made him special to me especially since I wanted him too. I'd never wanted any guy to touch me or even thought about it until him.

It was just the fact that he doesn't know I'm a virgin in every aspect. If he did I don't think he'd be so open to touching me like he did. But, I don't think any of that matters now he's probably forgotten about it anyway like I asked him too. He's a very very attractive man so I'm sure he gets plenty of women.